Lighting Question

Apr 20, 2010
Peeltown, TX
I would like to add some lighting to the trike. I have already found that cheap doesn't last or give off the brightness desired. I know something about lizard lights and they are really expensive but, like most things, you get what you pay for. What brand of lights are you using and have you been satisfied? I'm in the Dallas area and would like to find someone that knows what they are doing and sells/installs a quality product. Thanks in advance :Flag:

Alan

I bought thses a couple months ago. Rather inexpensive and they do light up the road.

I also live in deer country and whenever I ride down my country road at dusk / night I have these on high beams and the nice thing is I can focus them to include the sides of the road. I got these from the Susquehanna MotorSports. Cost including shipping to Texas $113.03. These are the FF75 Driving lamp kit. Their item code HL74322.

I was concerned about having too many lights and having a confrontation with DPS. Called their legal section and they told me that even though a Goldwing has two bulbs per side it is considered one light assembly so putting the riding lights on with the high beams on the wing is legal. Notice I have fog lamps on the trike as well, but cannot legally run those with the high beams and the riding lights. I do sometimes down my country road at night.

OOPS!!! I thought you were looking for accent lighting:blush:

We get really good results from having our "cornering lights" wired in with the headlight(meaning they are on all the time too)

Alan: I ride day or night. First thing I did when I got my 03 GL trike was replace the already pretty good headlights with HID sets from futurevisionhid.com. At $119 I think they are a great deal. Comes complete with ballast & all. Have used their products on my Yamaha FJR & now on the GL. G'luck

Which headlight modulator do you have??

Signal Dynamics. It works great and with the riding I have my trike emits a powerful amount of light. I live at the end of a very dark country road filled with deer. I have positiioned the riding lights so they are focused at the edge of each side of the road. I can see deer and they see me.

Of course, the modulator does not flash at night, but during the day I get a lot of cars coming towards me flashing their lights thinking something is wrong with my lights. The important thing is they see me. I do not put the brights on as a rule during the day as the riding lights come on as well.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png