Monarch II Body Spacers

Jun 22, 2017
Spokane, WA USA
I'm having an issue with bottoming out on the left side and I've seen the same issue in other forums. I was pouring over the Installation Manual and they were talking about alignment of the body to the frame. They mention checking the fender hiegth on each side with a square and adjusting this hieght using spacers. Well, I can't find anything about the spacers and where they are located. I'm going to change out the spring on the rear shock, but I'm also running 16 wheels instead of the stock 15". Not my choice on that. Was configured that way when I purchased 3 years ago. Should mention that the best I can tell, the kit is around a 2007 to 2014 mounted on a 2007 GL1800. Sorry, is as close as I can get. The Kit Number is NOWHERE to be found... So, if anyone has any idea on these spacers, please let me know.

Thanks and Ride Safe...

Chuck

Chuck,

How many miles on it ?? The kit number should be on an orange tag either on the swingarm (left side) or inside the trunk on the front wall. Body shims or spacers are used only to align and level the body for initial installation. If they are needed later then the trike should be inspected for other potential problems. I guess you didn't get an owners manual from the original owner.

HISTORY:

In 2004, the Monarch II made its debut. In 2006/2007, after concerns from several installers, they started including the 1100 lb spring with the kit for the OEM shock. If yours is earlier or built by a dealer that didn't install the spring as intended, you might solve the bottoming out issue with that spring. Depending on the mileage and load in the past, I would also have the swingarm inspected. Lehman also offered a heavy duty spring 275/345 for the aux shock that is mounted laterally beneath the passenger seat.

Chuck,

How many miles on it ?? The kit number should be on an orange tag either on the swingarm (left side) or inside the trunk on the front wall. Body shims or spacers are used only to align and level the body for initial installation. If they are needed later then the trike should be inspected for other potential problems. I guess you didn't get an owners manual from the original owner.

HISTORY:

In 2004, the Monarch II made its debut. In 2006/2007, after concerns from several installers, they started including the 1100 lb spring with the kit for the OEM shock. If yours is earlier or built by a dealer that didn't install the spring as intended, you might solve the bottoming out issue with that spring. Depending on the mileage and load in the past, I would also have the swingarm inspected. Lehman also offered a heavy duty spring 275/345 for the aux shock that is mounted laterally beneath the passenger seat.

Hi Jim:

Nope, didn't get the original manual and no receipts either. I've tried to contact him but no luck. I was wondering about the installation when they talked about changing the spring on the OEM shock. I'm not sure that was installed to be honest. The swing arms weren't torqued correctly and they didn't use red locktite either. Not sure who did the installation. But was told it was someone in the Tri-Cities. About 120 miles from me. No way to verify. The Aux shock has the standard spring, you already told me about that and it is 0.33". How would I know about the other spring? And if it was shipped with the kit wasn't installed, what would I have to do get that taken care of. I will check the swing again next time I have it in the air. Which will be soon since I had the brake recall done and now I have air in the system. If not one thing, it's another... :(:(

Thanks for you answer

Chuck

PS: 58K on the trike. No clue when the kit was installed.

The OEM spring is tough to get a measure on .. and I don't know if you can even see any identifying numbers. If it had the stock OEM spring you can change it, but it is not a simple job. You have to drop the shock out of the bottom and disassemble the shock/spring/assembly. PITA:mad:

Thank you Jim. Well continue in my search.

You two guys have given me some of the answers I'm looking for about the Monarch II & it's body issues. Have to find out about that "other" spring (lateral mounted). I'll keep checking back to see if youse guys updated this issue.

2Trikez

Barry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png