Dogs: Post Yours

This is Duke and my two daughters (Dolores and Joanna). It was taken not long before he left us in 2014. He was a fine dog and 11 years old isn't a bad lifespan for a great dane.

We got him when my youngest was 3 years old. Duke is the dog that taught Joanna to not be afraid of dogs. He was a lanky thing, 35 inches at the shoulder and 120 lbs.

duke.JPG

Like I said earlier, most of my dogs have been foundlings.

'JJ'

While test riding a motorcycle in July 2004 I happened upon JJ. He was sitting in a Coors Light 12 pack box on the side of the road. It was incredibly hot outside and he was close to death. The VET said he wouldn't have made it through the day. After spending countless hours and dollars we nursed him back to life. His name was picked by my business partner's wife because my partner and I are both named Jim. He would go to the shop with us every day and we shared care. He spent weekends at my home with my other two dogs and fit in very well as the new baby. One Monday he wouldn't climb into the truck to go to work. That was the end of my aspirations for him to be a watch dog. The misses had spoiled him and he was now ruined. He is the last of our dogs and arthritis is setting in. He was rescued from clutches of death to live a happy life with friends.

today 001.JPG

He was about 12-15 weeks old when I found him. He surely hit the WV Lottery.

That is Zuma in my avatar photo. 90 lbs of wise-assness. Pretty smart. He might know more words than I do. Also known as a German Shedder. They only shed twice a year, but it lasts for 6 months. He will also poop on command. So he knows I will not take him for a walk till he poops, so I do not have to carry along a bag of his crap. He has learned well.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png