Hip Replacement

Joe, Every individual's recovery is different depending on your age, general health, cooperation with therapy after surgery, etc. But there should be absolutely no reason you couldn't return to trike riding once you have recovered! In my karate class there is a man in his late 40s who had a hip replacement last year (repairing an old injury from his days of jumping out airplanes in the military), and in six weeks he was right back in karate class and doing better with it than ever!

Joe, Every individual's recovery is different depending on your age, general health, cooperation with therapy after surgery, etc. But there should be absolutely no reason you couldn't return to trike riding once you have recovered! In my karate class there is a man in his late 40s who had a hip replacement last year (repairing an old injury from his days of jumping out airplanes in the military), and in six weeks he was right back in karate class and doing better with it than ever!

That's good news Nana...............thank you.

Karate class. I sure wouldn't want to tangle with you. When I meet you in Maggie Valley I will refer to you as Mrs. Nana.:D

Joe: Have a pal who I used to 2-w with & scuba. Abt 60 at the time. We were back riding 2 months later...5 day trip down south to get some abalone. He was in better shape with the 'nu-bonz' than I was. Unfortunately life throws us some curved balls & a hit-n-run took him last year. But when my turn comes for a new set ..& it's coming for sure, I'll not hesitate. Gotta have a good surgeon, though. G'Luck.

Had my right hip replaced 8 years ago and my left hip this year. I was back riding in two months, short rides for a while. Just be sure you have a good surgeon.

Joe ...I'm 74 and had both hips done about 4 years ago. (one at a time) Recovery was fairly quick concidering my age. But no problem. I have no problem riding my trike. bill674 hit the nail on the head. Research the surgeon. Get the best you can. Hip surgery horror stories are the result of bad surgeons. Generally speaking.

SmokenJoe, My brother-in-law had his two hips replaced and he still rides a two wheeler with his wife on the back. He says to expect at least a 6 month delay in returning to the Trike. God Bless.....

SmokenJoe, My brother-in-law had his two hips replaced and he still rides a two wheeler with his wife on the back. He says to expect at least a 6 month delay in returning to the Trike. God Bless.....

And my very best friend of almost 60 years has had both hips replaced and, at 64, she still gets down in the floor every day, teaching kindergarten. You can do it, too!!! :yes:

Back in 1974 my Father In Law had a total hip replacement. He was in his early 70's at that time. He healed up over the summer months and that winter he was out riding Snowmobiles with us like nothing had happened. He was a totally new man. He was a farmer and didn't miss much of his chores. He had the surgery in about April or May and was in the fields working during the summer. Baleing hay, cultivating the corn, etc. He farmed the old fashioned way, no fertilizer except what the Cows and Hogs produce no chemicals for him.

Had my right hip replaced in Dec. '05(at the young age of 51) and was back on the trike when the snow cleared in late March-April, riding much more comfortably ever since. I would encourage you to "hit the swimming pool" once your incision fully heals. I found just walking in the pool and the resistance the water created made the muscles recover faster. No regrets and would do it again tomorrow.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png