Rekluse Clutch

Sorry to show my lack of mechanical knowledge, but what are the advantages of the replacement - Russ

It enables you to be in first gear at a light with the engine running without clutching..

Kinda like an auto trans...Or like a centrical clutch on a snowmobile...:Shrug:

Re- Rekluse

I only have 150 miles on it --- BUT I am so glad I got it. Does everything is ment to do. If you did not know it was installed, you would not know it's there. However - at a stop, with a weak left hand, this thing is super. The instant you turn on the gas - it engages. With like three cars in front, No more clutching and feathering, just ease on the gas.... (The rest of the shifting is normal, except you really don't have to pull the clutch in much anyway. For me -- there are no more Problems)

It's pricey, at 1000 - installed. (Shop charged me two hours.) But for me, the price was well worth it. Riding -- ( Mostly stopping at lights etc.) once again - is a pleasure.

If later, I find any disadvantages , i'll post them..

I only have 150 miles on it --- BUT I am so glad I got it. Does everything is ment to do. If you did not know it was installed, you would not know it's there. However - at a stop, with a weak left hand, this thing is super. The instant you turn on the gas - it engages. With like three cars in front, No more clutching and feathering, just ease on the gas.... (The rest of the shifting is normal, except you really don't have to pull the clutch in much anyway. For me -- there are no more Problems)

It's pricey, at 1000 - installed. (Shop charged me two hours.) But for me, the price was well worth it. Riding -- ( Mostly stopping at lights etc.) once again - is a pleasure.

If later, I find any disadvantages , i'll post them..

If you park in first gear, Will the trike roll......:Shrug:

: Rekluse Clutch

when I first watched a video about a "rekluse clutch" it really caught my attention. After talking with my shop owner, it was brought to my attention that the main reason people get this type of clutch is because you have weak hand pressure. Seeing that I don't, I took a pass on a purchase. But, it's GREAT idea.

when I first watched a video about a "rekluse clutch" it really caught my attention. After talking with my shop owner, it was brought to my attention that the main reason people get this type of clutch is because you have weak hand pressure. Seeing that I don't, I took a pass on a purchase. But, it's GREAT idea.

after surgery on my left hand i'm having my doubts i'll be able to pull at all.

been mulling a rekluse around for when i hope to be able to ride again.

Rekluse clutch and Pingle shifter

Yes, it will roll. I just make sure the "parking" brake is on..
<br>

I installed a Rekluse clutch and pingle shifter 2-3 years ago when I knew arthritis in my hands was in my future. The clutch was an easy install and some fiddling around to get it adjusted. A few months later I installed the shifter. Shifting up is easy but down shifting I have not mastered. I use the foot to down shift but don't use the hand clutch. Once the oil is warm in the tranny [1/2 mile of riding] it is like an auto transmission almost. I think the down shift is due to the free wheeling of the Rekluse. <br><br>

<br>

Because I have Multiple Sclerosis, my left side is weak and getting weaker, I installed a Recluse in my project trike. Also installed a tank shift and ratchet clutch operator. The parking brake concerned me, also. Gave some thought into adapting an early Harley front parking brake handle. Common on early Servi's and side hacks. Then, I found Bullet brakes. Purchased one yesterday. I believe that it will work just like Harley intended long ago. Project might be ready for a test ride in a couple of months or so. Gotta say that the folks at Recluse as well as the folks at Bullet were so informative and helpful. BTW, all American products. Important to me.

after surgery on my left hand i'm having my doubts i'll be able to pull at all.

been mulling a rekluse around for when i hope to be able to ride again.

I was sitting on the fence too about getting one. The list price is now $1000 for one. Fuel Moto has them on sale for $764. I just pulled the trigger on one.

My left side is toast from a stroke and the hand is really weak. Even with an AIM slave cylinder clutching is a workout. This should make stop and go traffic much easier.

Good luck with your hand surgery!

That’s a lot of hardware in there but it sounds like you’re making progress. PT is what helped me get some back. Good luck on your recovery.

My clutch should be here next week. Looking forward to trying it out.

I had the Rekluse EXP clutch installed on my 2020 TG on 6/15/21. I have about 4500 miles on it now. First thing I notice was the clutch lever was harder to pull. The clutch itself is fantastic! I will put another on if I ever get another bike. I ordered a rekluse clutch slave cylinder and and having it installed on 3/8/22. I wish I would have done a clutch pull force test on the OEM Clutch lever. I will do a clutch pull force test on the lever before and after the Rekluse Slave Cylinder is installed. Plus I order a Oberton adjustable clutch lever for touring models. Eventually I will find someone with an OEM clutch on a TG and do a clutch pull force test on it. I want my wife to ride/drive this TG and the clutch pull force as it stands is not going to work for her weak hand pull and reach. The Oberton Adjustable clutch lever for touring models will work great for her. All the Oberton Lever will do is bring the clutch lever closer to the grips for her limited reach.

You all might be interested in what a Rekluse clutch can do on a Tri Glide.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png