Florida members check in when you get a chance - Irma

Just heard from my brother in Hilton Head, SC. They are expecting a 4-6' storm surge by midday. Getting 40-60 mph winds right now.

Update: Surge did force water into his lower level, even after sandbagging. He had to replace carpeting last year after Matthew. Said enough is enough, putting in tile next time! ThumbUp

We're in Knoxville, TN right now after the Maggie Valley gathering, we found out this afternoon our home seems ok and the roof is intact but no electric for who knows how long. Hospitals first, then fire and police, business, then burb areas so we're going to hang around here for a few days.

I'm in Sarasota, we had some roofs blown off, trees down, I lost some siding, but came home yesterday around noon to power and water. Prayers for friends two miles away still no power last night, and all the others with flooding and tree damage.

Ted, Gorilla, texted me Sunday afternoon, after the winds had passed him and MJ. I haven't heard from him since then.

Good to hear Fred, trees can be cut up, siding can be repaired, the flooding is the nightmare ! Lives Matter! I'm sure cell phone service is at a minimum, so if ya hear from the rest, please let us know .

We lucked out, no large oaks near our place to cause damage, but neighbor had a limb come down near their house. No apparent damage to our place per friends.

Friends that rode it out said it was pretty scary, winds howling and heavy rain, but they didn't lose anything. Eye passed by about 40 miles away, but was breaking up at that point.

Power out though.

Best wishes to everyone else.

We lucked out, no large oaks near our place to cause damage, but neighbor had a limb come down near their house. No apparent damage to our place per friends.

Friends that rode it out said it was pretty scary, winds howling and heavy rain, but they didn't lose anything. Eye passed by about 40 miles away, but was breaking up at that point.

Power out though.

Best wishes to everyone else.

ThumbUpThumbUp

Got a snowbird GF that flew back this morning to Palm Beach Gartens, just waiting to hear from her . Her neighbor said they have electric, so that's a plus :clapping:

ted are you and your family ok? he lives in the keys

Ted told me today that they have a lot of cleanup to do, but they are OK. Says he has been out patrolling (he's a LEO) most of the time and it is a mess down there. They have power back on now at their place, but don't have TV yet because a tree limb hit their sat antenna.

Another member here, safe!

We live in the Mount Dora area. Lost power at just after 9pm Sunday. There was over 100,000 without power in our area and that was just from our provider, SECO. They have been working around the clock to get it back to everyone.

Irma came about 15 miles west of our house. Overall, we were extremely lucky. No trees down in the neighborhood, but with no power and lousy cell service, unable to reach out to anyone or post on the site. Power came back at 5am this morning.

It's refreshing to see a group of 55+ people get together to help out each other, repair roofs, supply a place to stay for those in need and generally just have a good time being with each other.

As I told another member, it's great to see the good in all. It doesn't matter the color of your skin, your nationality or your background. We all helped out.

Time to go for a ride!!

Regards,

Sid

Ma and I are in somewhat of a low area so I set my alarm for 4 AM as the storm was supposed to get here around 6. When the alarm went off I swung my feet toward the floor fully expecting the rug to be wet but it was dry. We still had electric (the alarm went off) so I turned on the TV to catch up on where everything was. The storm had come on land and was dying down, thankfully. Long story short, the 'Cat got out of this thing without a scratch. AMAZING! We had a lot of debris from the trees in our yard and of course trees from other peoples yards, but that was OK, we were just happy everybody we checked with were OK. We all helped each other and made pretty quick work of the stuff that needed to be moved

out of the roads. Nobody had to ask, everybody just seemed to know what to do and did it. I feel very lucky to have such great neighbors!
Got together with many of my neighbors before the storm to help the elderly board up windows then take them back down afterward. So many places in Ocala had trees blown across houses or were flooded. But our area had none of that, why were we so lucky? This seems to be a pattern all my life, I always dodge the bullet. The Lord always, always seems to be there for me. As I saw the pictures of Tampa and the keys in the newspaper this morning I thanked Him again for bring the wife and me thru what could have been a very nasty time in our life.

PC

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png