Florida members check in when you get a chance - Irma

have not seen or heard from Jack in Jacksonville FLA. Gorilla is fine just busy cleaning up Carol Checked in last evening. :Shrug: Fred

We're leaving Knoxville in the morning, heading thru Georgia for a couple of days and plan to be home late Sunday if the gasoline conditions keep improving in N Florida. We still don't have power put it will be good to home.

We're leaving Knoxville in the morning, heading thru Georgia for a couple of days and plan to be home late Sunday if the gasoline conditions keep improving in N Florida. We still don't have power put it will be good to home.

Hey Zammy. Ride safe on your way home. I hope you have power when you get there. Also, be aware they may be closing I75 where it crosses the Santa Fe River. It's about to flood.

We got the house ready (Cape Coral) and bugged out in the RV Tuesday before Irma. Towed the Trike on my trailer and stayed in a campground in Cottondale Florida. Didn't really get much in that area just some 30's and 40's wind and a lot of rain.

Got home Wednesday and I was one of the lucky ones. The NE section of Cape Coral is not prone to any type of flooding so that was never an issue like most areas. I had a storm door damaged but the hurricane shutters did their job. Didn't have any roof damage and the pool cage held up great. A neighbor that stayed contacted me after the worse was over and said my electricity was still on!

We were extremely lucky. Who knows though, the hurricane season isn't over yet.

We got the house ready (Cape Coral) and bugged out in the RV Tuesday before Irma. Towed the Trike on my trailer and stayed in a campground in Cottondale Florida. Didn't really get much in that area just some 30's and 40's wind and a lot of rain.

Got home Wednesday and I was one of the lucky ones. The NE section of Cape Coral is not prone to any type of flooding so that was never an issue like most areas. I had a storm door damaged but the hurricane shutters did their job. Didn't have any roof damage and the pool cage held up great. A neighbor that stayed contacted me after the worse was over and said my electricity was still on!

We were extremely lucky. Who knows though, the hurricane season isn't over yet.

You were blessed, we have friends in the Jacksonville area that got flooded in a big way. Jim

David357 texted me he finally made it home.

13 1/2 hours from Maggie Valley.:shock:

Very heavy traffic and gas was a little spotty but not too much trouble.

I think he is still without power so who knows when he'll be back on the board.

Mike, he texted me the same thing and told me he had internet service but I am sure he will be busy cleaning up around the homeplace for a while...

We made it to Augusta. GA with no problems, every gas station we saw had gas so that wasn't a problem. Glad tht Jack, Dave, Joe and anyone else I forgot are doing OK. Heading to Hinesville, GA tomorrow and then for home on Sunday. We got a text late this afternoon that our electric is back on, friends emptied the freezer and fridge for us a couple of days ago, a special pickup on Sunday so that's a relief also. Take care everyone.

Ma and I are in somewhat of a low area so I set my alarm for 4 AM as the storm was supposed to get here around 6. When the alarm went off I swung my feet toward the floor fully expecting the rug to be wet but it was dry. We still had electric (the alarm went off) so I turned on the TV to catch up on where everything was. The storm had come on land and was dying down, thankfully. Long story short, the 'Cat got out of this thing without a scratch. AMAZING! We had a lot of debris from the trees in our yard and of course trees from other peoples yards, but that was OK, we were just happy everybody we checked with were OK. We all helped each other and made pretty quick work of the stuff that needed to be moved

out of the roads. Nobody had to ask, everybody just seemed to know what to do and did it. I feel very lucky to have such great neighbors!
Got together with many of my neighbors before the storm to help the elderly board up windows then take them back down afterward. So many places in Ocala had trees blown across houses or were flooded. But our area had none of that, why were we so lucky? This seems to be a pattern all my life, I always dodge the bullet. The Lord always, always seems to be there for me. As I saw the pictures of Tampa and the keys in the newspaper this morning I thanked Him again for bring the wife and me thru what could have been a very nasty time in our life.

PC

AMEN to that

We made it to Augusta. GA with no problems, every gas station we saw had gas so that wasn't a problem. Glad tht Jack, Dave, Joe and anyone else I forgot are doing OK. Heading to Hinesville, GA tomorrow and then for home on Sunday. We got a text late this afternoon that our electric is back on, friends emptied the freezer and fridge for us a couple of days ago, a special pickup on Sunday so that's a relief also. Take care everyone.

Gary and Jo Anne,

Glad to hear things are coming together for you as you make your way back home. You are still in our prayers. Let us know when you are home.

Doug & Becky

I guess it could a been worse

7 days NO power But we are ALL ok

Thanks y'all

Thanks to Kevin from DK CUSTOMS

My cell phone was about done when he called yesterday

I hope the Fla crew is OK

The power of prayer and y'all has made a HUGE difference in my life :clapping:

Jack,

Glad to see you back on here. Glad you all are ok!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png