Looking to Change Ins. Company's

Fearless

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dec 10, 2013
Clarion PA USA
I have been looking at my Ins. coverage and I wonder what works best for the cost. What I have is getting out of hand. All input and thought is appreciated. Now I have Progressive not really happy with them. National companies or regional Company's gets a little confusing. Fred

Unless you have a factory built bike, most insurers won't touch trikes. I have Ballins,com. They check for better prices at renewal time. Progressive is current best, for last 3 years. No complaints except price. No claims either.

Allstate insures the bike at its current value as a 2-wheeler then insures the trike part as an accessory add-on...for however much you want to tell them the trike kit accessory is worth.

I dumped Progressive a few years ago when they wanted to raise my premium over $200. Have been with Dairyland since and have no problem with the cost or service but I recently changed my auto and home to SAFECO and will add the trike ($50 less per year for identical coverage) when the Dairyland policy renewal comes due. I will also be adding my 1974 Charger SE Brougham when it becomes road worthy. SAFECO does not write restoration policies....

#2 on Dairyland

I called around, cant beat them

I have had them for over 25 years now

I get multiple discounts

Call them each year @ renewal to see if there are any NEW offers

I qualified for the GOLD program HERE in FLA where bikes are stolen alot and we ride 12 months a year

They gave me FULL coverage for less than 1 dollar a day

HD (underwritten by Progressive ) could not beat that Imagine that

I think they dont like me cuz I always pay off my bikes early:p

Hope you guys never need to file a claim with Dairyland. We had a car and trailer fire with our Suzuki in it. Dairyland assumed it was a false claim until I sent pictures of car and trailer. Than I only got $500 and they refused claim on any accessories that could be removed, i.e. gps or the 2 new in box helmets we bought, because the receipts burned up. Very nasty on the phone. Not pleasant folks to deal with.

We had AAA for the car and trailer and claimed everything that Dairyland refused. AAA paid it as contents, along with 30 years of accumulated tools and camping stuff, even a melted handgun that the fireman couldn't find, without demanding receipts. Unfortunately AAA only insures factory trikes.

.1-burnedinterior.jpg

USAA insurance for the property, autos and RV. By far the best rate for the coverage that I could acquire. I could get something less expensive but I sure would not have the coverage.

GEICO for the trike. For me the best. Jim

I'm brand new to the trike world so I cannot say who will and will not insure trike conversions. But I've had Progressive and Dairyland for my two-wheelers over the years. In each case after the first year they raised the premium through the roof even though I had no claims or even traffic tickets - squeaky clean.

I'be been with Foremost for over 10 years and just insured my new Harley Tri-Glide with them. No problem at all. I've shopped them several times and not been able to find any other company who can beat their premium. But all that is heavily dependent on driving record, location, etc., etc. So unfortunately what works great for one person may not work at all for another. Best bet is to shop around among the major carriers.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png