What was the first bike you ever rode?

Sep 10, 2017
Brodheadsville, PA
Mine was a 1982 (I think) Kawasaki KZ 550. Never rode before. Just knew I wanted a bike. Bought it new but never rode so had to have a friend ride it home for me. On the way he stopped at a large empty corporate parking lot and he told me what to do. I picked it up quickly and after ten minutes rode her home!

13 yrs. old my older Brothers, Topper Scooter (Harley no Less) wish I had it now. That thing was a hoot I wonder who made them for Harley most likely Italian. :) Fred

62 or 1963 Sears & Roebuck Moped type. I think it was a 90 or 120 cc motor. You started it with pedals like riding a bicycle. It was a starter bike for sure. ;) I was in High School. I Wanted a Vespa :laugh:

A homemade motor bike built from an old Schwinn 3 speed bicycle and a Briggs & Stratton lawn mower engine bolted onto a welded base plate.

My friend and built the motorbike at age 13. The base plate was cut, drilled and welded in place for $1.00;)

My first real motorcycle was a Harley Road King.:D

Came straight from riding horses bareback right on to a 1973 Honda CB350. That was 1979. I was 26. It was a very natural transition. Introduced to motorcycles by a friend.

Cursed him ever since!!! LOL. :D :GL1800:

..Carla

my 1st motorcycle

my first was a 1958 Harley Davidson 74. it was a used harley and I had it delivered to my house. they told me how to start it ( no elc. start ) and how to check oil and change.

the rest I learn on my own. that first ride was not a thing of beauty

ps it was the first motorcycle I ever road.

Back in the 70s

Dirt bikes mainly

But besides for a mini bike or 2 and a few old scooters I think the first real motorcycle was a red Yamaha (I think)

It was not a dirt bike but it went off road anyway.

After that my father had put together a complete Honda dream series. ( all running and rideable)

1 day when I was visiting him he gave me 3 of them. Mainly basket cases.

He told me to build my own bike

I built a Honda 305 Dream, It would be considered a rat bike now. BUT it was fun and I road the hell out of it

Before I had a license I used to ride it to school

The shop teacher would let me bring it in and work on it.

1 day I came up the back way and went over that dirt mound and got some air.

I almost hit the principle

My bike was forbidden from school grounds after that. Had to stash it in the woods during school after that

1975 Honda CL360 scrambler. Had $300 saved up and my mom pitched in another $350 to buy it. Paid her back from my paper route. Taught myself how to ride that was back in 1978.

Was at transfer college in '82 upstate NY. Got a '70 Suzuki TS90 Enduro. Needed some work. Taught myself to ride along the Amtrak lines and snowy golf course. Popped plenty of accidental wheelies. I remember hitting a couple of snow banks and flying over handlebars. When you learn on dirt and snow, you can ride on anything.

Early 60's(?) used Honda Sport 50 that a serviceman had brought home from Japan.

Dad removed the bottom of the back seat of our '56 Dodge...fit right in. That's how we got it home. :0)

I think I was in 6~7 grade at the time.

Had to sell it after a year or so because a couple crab-asses that lived in town didn't like me riding it around.

In late 1972 after coming back from VN I was stationed at WSMR in New Mexico. I bought a Yamaha Trail 250 from another GI. Rode that thing all over, including all through the desert.

I was just 16, so it had to be about 1961 or so. Guy, whom I didn't know pulled into my neighbors drive on a big Harley full dresser. Kick start, side shift and all!!!!

Ask if I could take a ride. "Yeah, if you can start it, you can ride it".

Little did he know I had been studying bikes almost since I could read!!!!!!

Cranked it up with one kick and off I went.

Was hooked from then on!!!!!!!

Side note: My uncle saw me! Told me if he ever seen me on one again he'd tell my dad!

So, it was 1967 before I bought my 1st bike, a 1967 Triumph Bonneville!!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png