PTT/Cruise swap and WHIM

MDF48

250+ Posts
Feb 1, 2016
Pelham AL USA
I could have missed it, but I haven't seen any post in here about the new wireless WHIM module and swapping the CB switch function with the cruise control. From reading some information on other forums it appears there is now a HD dealer August 25th Tech II update that can program the BCM to let you swap the cruise to the right side and the CB/PTT to the left side. The plastic "knobs" can be pulled off and swapped and supposedly the Tech II update gives a PN for replacement knobs. The switches themselves do not have to be changed or swapped. I am going to check into this tomorrow. As usual, it appears some dealers are flashing the BCM for free and some are charging.

Also, I purchased and installed the new HD Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM) in my TGU about 2 weeks ago and I am really enjoying not having to be connected to the coiled cable and plug. Mine is working fine.

I saw that about swapping the cruise and PTT function switches. When I first got my 2017 Limited I had a hard time adjusting but I eventually did acclimate. Now that I just got a 2018 Tri-Glide and will be adding the CB I'm unsure if I'll do the swap on the switches. Kinda like having the cruise on the left. In fact I'd prefer both the cruise and the PTT on the left.

Okay, you have my interest. I would love to switch my PTT and cruise. Is there a link to how we get this done? Does the dealer have to do it? I am not finding anything in my searches.

I could have missed it, but I haven't seen any post in here about the new wireless WHIM module and swapping the CB switch function with the cruise control. From reading some information on other forums it appears there is now a HD dealer August 25th Tech II update that can program the BCM to let you swap the cruise to the right side and the CB/PTT to the left side. The plastic "knobs" can be pulled off and swapped and supposedly the Tech II update gives a PN for replacement knobs. The switches themselves do not have to be changed or swapped. I am going to check into this tomorrow. As usual, it appears some dealers are flashing the BCM for free and some are charging.

Also, I purchased and installed the new HD Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM) in my TGU about 2 weeks ago and I am really enjoying not having to be connected to the coiled cable and plug. Mine is working fine.

Okay, you have my interest. I would love to switch my PTT and cruise. Is there a link to how we get this done? Does the dealer have to do it? I am not finding anything in my searches.

Yes dealer has to update the Boom Box audio system to effect this change.

Don't think so.

The thread I have been following on this has a lot of post. I have not seen anything about the Boom Box being involved in this. The flash is done via the data connector inside the left side cover. It updates the BCM to change the signals of the two switches. The people that seem to be having trouble with the flash not working on their bikes have basically had units with a non stock tune file or with switch packs that are not matched sets from the factory. It seems the switch packs have sn's that are recorded in the ECM or BCM. Anyway the guys that have had the flash not work seem to be in those two categories. Several have reported loading the stock tune file in the ECM and going back to the dealer and the flash then completed. I think some people are getting this confused with the flash for the WHIM module installed. This is totally different.

The thread I have been following on this has a lot of post. I have not seen anything about the Boom Box being involved in this. The flash is done via the data connector inside the left side cover. It updates the BCM to change the signals of the two switches. The people that seem to be having trouble with the flash not working on their bikes have basically had units with a non stock tune file or with switch packs that are not matched sets from the factory. It seems the switch packs have sn's that are recorded in the ECM or BCM. Anyway the guys that have had the flash not work seem to be in those two categories. Several have reported loading the stock tune file in the ECM and going back to the dealer and the flash then completed. I think some people are getting this confused with the flash for the WHIM module installed. This is totally different.

My bad. You are correct. But in any case it does require the dealer to make the change.

I just called my dealer about this and they don't have clue. said they had called Harley and not found out anything. guess I'll have to wait.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png