Frankenstein trike pictures please

Sep 25, 2010
Burlington, Iowa
I'm looking to convert my 04 softail with a Frankenstein kit. I have to go with a 38inch rear end with fenders so that my wife can ride also(we're not young so there's no way I could use the higher mounted footpegs for her). I want to go to the 265 rear tires(or even the 295s). I'm looking for pictures of this set up. I really like the look of the huge rear tires on the hotrod Frankenstein trikes, but realize that I just can't do it with a passenger so that she's comforable for long distances. I've seen a lot of the pictures of the trike kits with the narrow 215 tires, but not the 265s. Anyone help me out?? And BTY Grimm....I love your bike....just wish I could use the 34 inch rear end(or even the 30), but alas, it's not to be.
Thanks

ALvin:)

You can go with as wide as you want without worrying about space for the passenger - just use wheels with minimum backspacing (inside of rim to mounting surface). You'll have exactly the same passenger space with a 16" wide tire as with an 8" wide tire. I agree with you that the huge tires look awesome on these trikes - and Grimm has one nice setup. The only complication arises if you'll be using fenders - you didn't say. Their 'fender packages' dictate what wheels/tires and backspacing you can use.

I'm planning on the 265 tires with fenders, along with a 38" wide rear end for running when my wife rides. This is what I would like to see in pictures. BUT...I was thinking about getting some offset wheels(wider perhaps also) that could be used on the 38inch axle and it would "close up" the space between the tires to give it the same appearance as the "hot rod" rear ends, such as the 30" or 34". Simply take off the fenders, and put the different wheels on for that "hot rod" look for perhaps a bike night or bike show. :yes:

When you order your frankenstein kit let them know which wheels/tires and fender set up you want and they will make fenders and brackets to fit. I just ordered a conversion kit and I wanted different wheels and tires. They made the fender bracket to fit for my wheel/fender set up.:yes:

The guys at Frankenstein were great when I ordered & set up my conversion - it ended up being kinda custom too, since I put the "sport" rear end on a Dyna. Apparently it is usually used for a sportster. It is definitely NOT a 2-up rear-end! (we tried it just for kicks and it was downright spooky.) They will set up whatever you need to make your trike come out the way you want.

Forgot to say - I think I have build pics on here somewhere... if you can't find them send me an emial and I'll send them direct

Maria's great pictures are in her album on the lower right side of her profile page. Click on her name to get to her page, and enjoy the trike build :D

THANKS MARIA for posting the pictures. I hope my vrod frankenstein conversion looks as nice. coming soon I hope.

Thanx! Got the side mount license plate relocated yesterday. Disassembled, drilled another clearance hole in back of the plate, then drilled & tapped 2 10-24 x 3/8 deep holes in the rear-most cross bar on the Frankenstein rear. Also a running / brake lite.

[ctr]
vbpgimage.php
[/ctr]

the deuce looks good!

alvin, thank you for the comps on my ride. i love the beast! i have a different fender setup with stock fender and struts. i simply unbolt the struts on the frame, diconnect the wiring harness, slip the stock struts in place and plug the harness back in. tada!!! it's two up again WITH a luggage rack for a travel bag! with my two-up seat i havent had complaints from any passengers yet!

here is a pic of the other fender setup (before i powdercoated all my tins)

grimm

Here are a few more pictures. Centerline wheels on order and fenders waiting for the correct wheels, thanks PHILIP @ texas Trikes....

Sweet lookin' V-rod trike! First one I've ever seen. Have you thought about mounting a matching mag wheel on the front? I think it would give it a nice added touch---just my opinion.

The mag wheels are on loan until
my centerline wheels are made in Dec. The centerlines in the rear will match the front wheel. I'm going the opposite direction. Then the fenders will be installed
the fenders only fit the centerlines because of different wheel offset. thanks for looking...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png