looking for information on the rewaco and boom trikes

If you can not find any info now on one.Why would you want one. If you were to have problems where would go than. Just my 2¢.

Boom trike

Seriously looking at buy one in about 18 months.

But there is not a lot of information out there.

Any issues with the different types of motors?

Either trike have any major faults?
Seriously looking at buy one in about 18 months.

But there is not a lot of information out there.

Any issues with the different types of motors?

Either trike have any major faults?

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

I have a 1997 Boom Lowrider with 1600 VW aircooled engine. Front forks are the leading link 'comfort' type.

Brakes are triple disc which are interconnected like an early Guzzi.

My trike wasn't particularly well looked after and I had a couple of issues with it.

The external regulator failed the first time I took it for a long run and boiled the battery. Someone had put a motorcycle

one on that wasn't up to the job. I replaced the alternator with an internal reg. type.

Starter motor failed to activate several times and I resorted to jumping the solenoid with a piece of heavy gauge cable. I decided to replace the motor with a high torque one which goes on an automatic VW engine. Reason for this was that the normal one has a spigot on the end that runs in a bronze bush in the gear box housing. This bush is prone to wear and buggers the motor up when it does. The automatic type doesn't have the extending spigot so no bush to worry about. Only problem was that the D headed securing bolt needed sanding down a touch to go through the motor's mounting hole, and the wiring connections are in a different place and were a bit tight to connect up.

The bodywork hinges upwards to access the battery and fuse box. Gas struts support the body, or at least are supposed to. Mine were bloody useless and so are the brand new replacements. I'm in the process of getting either some stronger rated struts or doubling them up with another pair. The body in the mean time gets supported with straps that go round the handlebars and passenger support rails. I prop it up initially with a wooden baseball bat that I carry strapped to the rear crash bar. If you want any more info just ask

I currently have a 2013 Rewaco (rebadged as TourOz here in Australia) RF1-LT3 which I use in my trike tour business in Sydney Australia. It has 63,000 klms on the clock and is the 1.6 litre Ford engine type which I believe that Rewaco does not make any longer. I was told by the Australian Importer that the reason they, Rewaco, have gone from the Ford engine to the smaller (1.5 litre) Mitsubishi engine is that in the next couple of years the Ford engine won't pass the stringent European emission laws. My Ford version is rated at 140 bhp where as the 1.5 litre Mitsubishi is only 110 bhp a drop of 30 bhp. BOOM trikes on the other hand still produce their trikes with the 1.6 Ford engine.

I've had a couple of problems with the Rewaco,some covered under warranty and some not. The question is that if I was going to buy a trike again which one would I buy. Because of the smaller engine capacity and some other factors I would purchase a BOOM trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png