Trike Tie Downs?

Jul 21, 2017
Midlothian, Tx USA
Since I will be tranporting my trike in a toy hauler travel trailer and an enclosed trailer, I need to install a system for securing the rear wheels of the trike. I would appreciate some info on how you guys secure your trikes for trailering.

Thanks

Install front wheel chock to secure front end. If you are going very far I would also add soft tie straps and cinch the front end down from the triple tree about 1 1/2" to keep trike from bouncing too much. Rear end will tend to pull down when you tighten straps.

Rear attachment points on a Roadsmith are on the bottom of the shock brackets. Crosstie these and you should be good to go.

I used to tie off the back wheels with straps thru the back wheels to the D rings, but now don't even bother. If that rear end starts moving around there are bigger problems than that. I never tie off using the triple trees. Ever. I tow about 900 miles 4 to 6 times a year.

I use a couple of soft straps on the wing frame. I take the seat off, add the straps then put the seat back on. When I need to tie it down, just remove the side covers.

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

Not an original Fuzzy idea, saw it on tube I think.

Fuzzy,

Thanks for the excellent idea. Its a method I had not even considered. One question since I’m new to trikes, are the side panels any harder or easier to remove and reinstall once the bike is triked?

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png