carry helmets

New to the tri glide and packing for a weekend trip. When you do not want to wear your helmet(s) where do you put them if the trunk is full and the tour pac is full. Thanks in advance!!!!

New to the tri glide and packing for a weekend trip. When you do not want to wear your hemet(s) where do you put them if the trunk is full and the tour pac is full. Thanks in advance!!!!

On the Tour-Pac rack. :)

But seriously, I've rarely seen a trunk that is completely full. There's a lot of room in there, especially if you fill the inside of the helmet with stuff.

ToHazelton25_zpsfb17d7bf.jpg

Kevin

Wondering if the o/p is meaning when the trike is parked ? I have padlocked the helmet D rings to my luggage rack. There are also other places on a trike to secure a helmet. I've even closed the lid on the strap and locked it. As for not riding with one on ? O/p's choice.

If I'm riding, I put the chin strap (all my helmets have a quick connectors) through the handle of the luggage that's strapped to the luggage rack.

When parked 90% of the time I just set it on the seat with the chin strap through the passenger handhold. If I'm at a biker event, I just sit it on the seat. It's old and not worth anything. I trust bikers. They haven't proved me wrong yet. :D I wouldn't do that with an expensive helmet. That's why I don't buy expensive helmets.

If I'm riding, I put the chin strap (all my helmets have a quick connectors) through the handle of the luggage that's strapped to the luggage rack.

When parked 90% of the time I just set it on the seat with the chin strap through the passenger handhold. If I'm at a biker event, I just sit it on the seat. It's old and not worth anything. I trust bikers. They haven't proved me wrong yet. :D I wouldn't do that with an expensive helmet. That's why I don't buy expensive helmets.

I mostly leave my helmet on the seat, Like you old helmet and haven't had a problem ! [Yet] But for some reason if I'm at a Walmart. I will feel better putting it in the top box....Something about the clientele that shops there that makes me cautious...;):laugh:

I'm the same way Bob. I've walked away from my scoot with a high end full coverage helmet sitting on the seat at various rallies. Never an issue. I will not do so at Wal-mart or a mall

I'm the same way Bob. I've walked away from my scoot with a high end full coverage helmet sitting on the seat at various rallies. Never an issue. I will not do so at Wal-mart or a mall

Its a sorry statement but true.....:( Years ago i had to stop at a sears in the mall, And i had my ATC in the bed of my truck, As i was parking a security guard pulled up next to me and said if i was you i won't leave my truck there alone, Some low-life will back up to your truck drop his and your tail gate and roll the ATC into his bed and be gone in ten seconds ...:mad:

Its a sorry statement but true.....:( Years ago i had to stop at a sears in the mall, And i had my ATC in the bed of my truck, As i was parking a security guard pulled up next to me and said if i was you i won't leave my truck there alone, Some low-life will back up to your truck drop his and your tail gate and roll the ATC into his bed and be gone in ten seconds ...:mad:

This actually happened to one of our chapter members, but it was in the parking lot of his office. He actually saw the pickup pull next to his bike from his office window. By the time he ran to the door and back over to his bike - it was gone - that fast. It they want it, they'll get it.

I was in a bar years ago with a bunch of guys, mostly riders. There was a big window in front and most of the bikes were visable from where we were sitting. A young guy came walking toward the door with a helmet on. He got almost to the door and snatched a helmet off a bike and ran like hell to the side of the building. Everybody jumped up and ran outside to the corner of the building. Another kid on a dirt bike was waiting around the corner. The helmet thief jumped on the back and away they went. All the guys could do was shake their fists and cuss.

Most times now if I can't secure my helmet somehow, I carry it with me.

i've lost three helmets over the years. damn thieves ! i know of bars where thieves have walked around taking gloves, glass's and helmets and anything else left on the bikes in the lot.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png