Empi flywheels

The overall quality of items I used on my VW trike build from Empi were often times questionable. Chrome plating not top notch, other mechanical supposedly ready to bolt on parts needing further machining or refining, etc.

Additionally, I've never received anything from Empi that was not made in China.

Never used any internal engine parts but if I were to use any, I'd measure them to spec carefully, a couple times just to be safe.

Perhaps their QC has improved since my last buy, hopefully...:Shrug:

A lot of the empi stuff is just cheap junk.

But.

They do have some decent parts.

Almost all the vw stuff is Chinese no matter who you buy it from.

Empi crank is the same as most all the others.

They do have a decent flywheel also.

Their good parts are not the cheapest one on the page.

Are late 20th Century Vintage EMPI items (Used or NOS old Stock) from say the beginnings (wheels & small parts & accessories and various limited production Hop Up parts ) in the early 70s American made and usually of higher quality ???:confused:

European Motor Parts INC was originally a UK company that made a lot of the first vw hop up parts and accessories.

They were of decent quality for the day.

Empi does still have some good stuff.

They have also absorbed several of the other vw parts makers like Bugpack.

They get the bad wrap from the cheap Chinese gimmicky parts.

If the price is way low so is the quality of part.

If the price is near anyone else's then it is most likely the same part anyway.

For instance.

Engine chrome kit.

Empi a couple hundred less than any other brand?

The plating and underlayment is sub par and will not last.

Not a flywheel, but....

I bought a distributor with a vacuum advance, installed it on my 1600, and almost broke my head getting back inside the car to kill the engine. The distributor was doing a hula dance in the slot (literally). Boy, talk about buying good parts!!!:mad:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png