Knee Replacement Surgery.

Mine was just scheduled for 11/13/17 at 0700.
One of my closest friends had a knee replaced three years ago to quote him it is not as good as OEM however it is 100% better than what was left of the OEM. Follow Dr's orders and rehab rules and you will be fine. I donated our stationary bike to him and he used it a great deal to loosen up in mornings. We will certainly keep you in our prayers.:pray: You will be ready to ride next spring I hope. :D Fred

Still have a month to go beforehand. Get out & ride that trike, run a marathon, etc.!!!

I suppose the VA doesn't give you much leeway in scheduling, but you should be up & about again by the Holidays.

Best of luck, & get back up soon.

This wasn't on the "Sharkbit" leg was it???

Like everyone has said, DON'T let up on the post surgery therapy! I'm out about 2 1/2 months now and still improving. I ride my stationary bike everyday, even for a short time, some is better than none.

I still keep a cane handy, but relying on it less and less. Knee will get a bit stiff sitting too long or overworking it. Not icing it as much now either.

I'd probably would be doing better faster if I didn't have a big gut/lard@ss! :xzqxz:

DW had both of hers done about a year apart. She took all the therapy seriously and now she is pain free and really glad she had it done. My BIL had one done several years ago and quit therapy early and he limps so bad now you would think they forgot to put the new one in!

Still have a month to go beforehand. Get out & ride that trike, run a marathon, etc.!!!

I suppose the VA doesn't give you much leeway in scheduling, but you should be up & about again by the Holidays.

Best of luck, & get back up soon.

This wasn't on the "Sharkbit" leg was it???

Yep ... On the shark bite leg ... also the same leg that has had 8 prior knee operations ... Even Frankenstein doesn't want that leg ... but I do ... :D

Like everyone has said, DON'T let up on the post surgery therapy! I'm out about 2 1/2 months now and still improving. I ride my stationary bike everyday, even for a short time, some is better than none.

I still keep a cane handy, but relying on it less and less. Knee will get a bit stiff sitting too long or overworking it. Not icing it as much now either.

I'd probably would be doing better faster if I didn't have a big gut/lard@ss! :xzqxz:

I have been doing knee rehab since 1970 when I dislocated both knees playing high school football and had my first surgery to repair the right. The doc that fixed me up, an old cantankerous Army Colonel, told me in the recovery room, "I did a great job repairing your knee, I'm going to give you some exercises to do twice a day for the rest of your life. If you don't do then and F$$k up my work, I will find you and kick your A$$." You know, I believed him. This guy was a combat surgeon in Korea at an Aide Station. He was also Chief of Orthopedic Surgery for the whole state. He apparently was checking out the Naval Hospital when I came in via ambulance. The ER Doc was gonna call in a surgeon then he said he'd do it.

I still do those exercises twice a day (wonder if that is why the knees wore out so soon .. or maybe the other 7 operations) and will continue to do them till the day I die, along with any new ones I get.

I can relate to the gut and lard a$$. :AGGHH:

I know a few people that had knee replacements its getting to be routine nowadays ... Most Orthopedic surgeons are really experts at it

I'll bet some of them are so good at it they will even perform the operation while you wait...:D

I'll bet some of them are so good at it they will even perform the operation while you wait...:D

Unfortunately, none of them work at the VA.

Ironically, the Doc that is doing mine is the same doc that did my achilles tendon repair on the same leg. This was done under workman's comp while I still had a brick and mortar store. He was in civilian practice then and contracted with the VA two years ago to give something back to the Vets and to eliminate the ER rotation so he could spend more time with his kids. This was back in 2001, so he's been at this awhile. Great guy too, anyone who moves to the VA to take care of Vets and to spend more time with his kids over a thriving (big bucks$$) sports medicine practice, is just okay with me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png