VW trike,forward mounted motor

Here's one way. I contacted them some years back - loved the looks of the engine without the cooling tins. They claimed they didn't overheat, which was my primary concern. I stayed with conventional rear engine with cooling tins. Wheelies are part of the fun of a VW trike.

Thank you very much 4 ever!!!:DI can see myself getting into a project like one of those trikes.
If you go to the Photo album....check out 16 &17 of 48....Damn fine lookin Trike!!

Damn fine lookin Trike
Sure is. Looks like many have a-arm / swingarm / coil over suspension like Nova & Cyclestyle - my favorite & proven suspension system for the VW. Should you proceed please post LOTS of pics.

Might have a couple to post myself this week. Harley going in for Frankenstein this morning.

How is that accomplishes, running the motor backwards or reversing the pinion gear?

It almost looks like the 1100 Goldwing motor when mounted that way . I bet a Subaru motor like the SVX (6) or the WRX tubo would be wild mounted that way.. wow I spoke too soon Subaru and the Mazda rotary are in planning stages

Thunderace on BTW UK made a forward engine trike & used a reliant engine, very knowlegable chap, at one time there were some detailed pics of the process on that site, I think he called the trike the candy box, it is a very impressive build. Hope this helps, Cave

It sounds like reversing the gear is the ticket!!
I stopped by a Place here in South Jersey called Action auto....they do lots of VW work,build motors re-build 'em and transmissions.They also told me to keep my eyes open for a 72 VW bug with the motor and trans intact,they told me that they'd be only too happy to assist in configuring the trans for mid engine placement and help me build a short wheelbase trike(I'm thinking about 80-86") something that sits low...with a seat height of about 22-24"...single seater with a pair of 6 gallon fat bobs up front and essentially a harley front end.

I wish I had have started a VW trike build to begin with:rolleyes:....lots less money and the VW seems a natural way to go.:cool:

Thanks!!....cool site!
What I dont understand is the need for 2 trans cases when 1 would work fine.....or are 2 cases needed?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png