Tow hitch info

ItBeMe

200+ Posts
Sep 12, 2017
Carrollton Ga
Has anyone got one of these and if so do you like it.

I want to build one but want all the Pro's and Con's

The company that makes them says you can not tow

a trike.?

I would be towing a 2002 Honda Silver wing Trike.

I would like to know why.Bike Tow.jpg

What gears it is a belt drive auto. ?

Even if it had a tranny and it was in neutral the rear wheel is free wheeling. Yes or No

What gears it is a belt drive auto. ?

Even if it had a tranny and it was in neutral the rear wheel is free wheeling. Yes or No

With a belt drive the belt is still spinning against the whatever is at the front end of the drive. Without the engine running I would suspect the front sheave is not spinning or the belt is spinning it which in turn is spinning whatever drive system it has.

With a tranny, you are still spinning the internals of the transmission without benefit of lubrication which also keeps the parts cool.

Years ago these bumper pulls were designed primarily for dirt bikes hauled short distances. The other problem occurs when you hit a big bump and the tranny falls into gear. Lots of pieces left on the road.

Unless you can completely de-couple the rear wheel from the drive train I would not do it. But, that's just cautious me. Good luck.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png