Riding my own in the Blueridge Mountains

Love all your pics Carol! That area is an awesome place to ride.

Glad the two riders that went down weren't hurt any worse.

Thank you. It is awesome :D. We are going back next year. We want to ride more of the BRP and we haven't ridden the Cherohala Highway yet. We also wish the two riders well.

As Clint Eastwood said ; MAN HAS TO KNOW HIS LIMITATIONS :Dorag:

Yes. We never got the whole story about what went wrong with the last one but some one said he hit the low, soft shoulder. Let me tell you, that shoulder was very low and super soft. If that is what happened, he is very lucky.

TGCarol,

You're doing a great job with the way you're sharing your trip. I too have been inspired by Kevin and Mary going with them on their trips via photos.

I will be retired next year (that's not to far off) and have put the "tail of the dragon" on the list of trips to take.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much :D You will really enjoy the Dragon. There are a bunch of other beautiful places to ride as well. I would like to read your trip report when you get back :clapping:.

I will try to get more pictures posted later today. We are leaving to spend the weekend at Biketoberfest early tomorrow morning so I have a lot to do. If not, I will definitely finish up on Monday.

For the last part of our trip we decided to do some hiking. Both of us love hiking and we hadn't seen the waterfalls yet. This was our first stop. Whitewater falls.

image.jpeg

We had a picnic lunch and hiked the short hike to the falls. This one is supposed to be the tallest waterfall east of the Rockies (according to the guide book).

Next was Looking Glass Falls.

image.jpeg

So beautiful. This one was right off the road so not much hiking involved.

There is one more waterfall but the hubster must have those pictures on his phone. To be continued...........

Excellent pictures so glad you enjoyed the trip, and the ride memories last forever and I believe you have created some great ones for you and your Husband aka (Hubster). All your friends. A safe trip is always nice. :good: ride safe Fred

OK. I found a couple of pictures from our final waterfall. It's called Moore Cove. It had the longest hike of the three but was well worth the trip. We climbed on the rocks and took these pictures from behind the falls....

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was a great day of hiking. With some beautiful sights :D.

The last thing we did on our trip was visit some of the local craft breweries :D:drinks:. One of our favorites was the one that my husband most wanted to visit.... Oscar Blues Brewery.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It was a bit of a drive from where we were staying. It's located in Brevard NC. These are the guys that make Dale's Pale Ale. It was a fun atmosphere with great beer, an outside bar and a food truck outside. We had a great time there and were responsible.

This was a fantastic trip. We will be going back in October of next year. I hope you all enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for reading/watching. :clapping:

Wow! Nice pics Carol....We also love Maggie Valley area as well. The museum is a must see, cool bikes in there. You guys sound like you had a blast on your trip. We want to go back to Maggie Valley with our new 2017 Freewheeler this time.. :clapping: Thanks for sharing your pics of your trip! Later gator....:wave4:

"We are going back next year. We want to ride more of the BRP and we haven't ridden the Cherohala Highway yet."

Best time to come back is the first week of Sept for the Trike Talk event in Maggie Valley!

Yes, what John said. Great thread and awesome pictures Carol.

Totally agree with what Papa says...

Somehow I managed to completely miss this thread when it was originally posted. Gives me courage to do something like that with our family. It would be about a 5 hour ride for us, and we'd have to stop somewhere along the way to let the kids rest. But, it'll be worth it to get to do a couple of things like riding The Dragon and going to the museum.

Just saw this one but glad you had a great time and posted proof.There are so many great roads in the area its impossible to scratch the surface in a week.I really enjoy riding up there and learn a new road every time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png