tri glide saddle bags

has anybody installed the tri glide saddle bags from HD. The dealer wants 2 1/2 hours to install them. I do not want to try to install the with velcro. Thanks

Quite a few people reported that when the dealer installed them they put them on crooked there might be something missing in the directions and also to put them on without velcro holes have to be drilled in the fender 📞

Unless you use a sky hook, good 3M sticky Velcro should work. Use the wide one.

Or as Bob stated, bolt and nut. Not a fan of that method if avoidable .

Reactions: MDO
I installed mine with 3M DUAL LOCK and they have held up great with no issues. This stuff IS NOT VELCRO.

No holes drilled!!!! (My verticals lock to my horizontals .... otherwise it would damn near be impossible to pop them off!!!) Same stuff as EZ-Pass connection to windshields.

The template supplied with the kit is very poor .... and I have seen Dealers really botch the job of a drilled install.

https://www.itapestore.com/3M-dual-lock-by-the-yard.aspx

20160906_184711_resized.jpg20160906_191806_resized.jpg20160906_191817_resized.jpg

3M dual lock :clapping: I like that idea , It’s also easier to clean the debris out of with a nail brush, as Velcro is not cleanable, once dirty, N/ G .

I had a set put on my 2012 TG and the dealer installed them crooked. There was a set missing from the instructions. They corrected it. On my 2014 they got it right.

I have absolutely no problem putting a couple holes in the fender - what's the problem?? There are already holes in them.

I agree, the plastic Velcro type tape that comes with the I-Pass is great stuff and will hold a ton - BUT - the $#@% adhesive (on any type tape) isn't worth $hit. I have had many items come unglued due to the heat. So I will NEVER trust tape again no matter what the guaranty says. Fool me once.......etc. I love the security and peace of mind a nut and bolt give. When it comes to my cameras etc., I ain't takin' a chance.

HDBOB, looks great - that's the way the bags should look.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yep, Did mine on my T/G a couple of weeks ago....got the HD bags from Dealer...the bags come with mounting brackets and paper cut out jig....tried the "Velcro type" mount but didnt like it as I felt they stuck out too far from the body....and I noticed that due to the slightly concave design of the body, the velcro only actually sticks on certain center spots.

....Soooooo, I just got the drilled out and took the plunge and installed the bags per Harley instructions.........Now, I moved the 2 bottom drill hanger holes 1/2 inch towards the center of the trike...................this allowed the outside edge of the bags to"Not get so close" to the outside edge of the trike body.....Improved look (I think).

....do the top hole of each bag LAST of course! ...All the holes can be wobbled out a bit too allow for more perfect final alignment.......go slow!!!!!

.....took me 2 days to get the courage to drill first hole.....took 3 hrs or so to fish job to my liking.............really not a hard job.

....glad I did the HD actual mounting.

Trike Saddlebags.

Purchased the Harley trike saddlebags for our 2015 TriGlide. The dealership wanted 2 hours of labor time to put these on. I elected to do it myself. Took less than an hour for both. TIP...lay down painters tape where you are going to drill your holes. It will leave them clean. Follow the instructions for the template placement and the rest is pretty easy!

I have had 3 trikes so far & have installed them myself on all 3. No problems just pay attention to what you're doing. Like someone earlier said, place some painters tape where you need to drill.

I had dealer include the bags and install them on my '15 TG...came out great. Told me that it took about 2.5 hours as they had to pull both back wheels to gain access to the inside of the fender. The quarter-turn lock is really nice when you want to take the bags into a hotel room or tent for the night.I agree with not trusting Velcro or other hook-and-loop[ systems.

Saddle Bag Kit

Great kit. I used it to install my bags...

8~\o

What aggravates me is there are no pictures or videos on their website showing you how the darn kit works. I would never buy something from a company that doesn't even show the kit or instructions on their website. How the hell does this kit work and how do you install it? I could not even find a You Tube video on it. Thanks

What aggravates me is there are no pictures or videos on their website showing you how the darn kit works. I would never buy something from a company that doesn't even show the kit or instructions on their website. How the hell does this kit work and how do you install it? I could not even find a You Tube video on it. Thanks

I agree. If the bags are attached with some kind of tape, I would NEVER trust it to hold my very expensive camera as I do with the bolt on H-D bags.

I've seen the adds showing a man standing on the bags. I can be supported with a piece or folded paper without falling, but what happens if you jump up and down on that folded paper? It crushes and fails. How do the bags hold up under constant jerking??

I would love to see how these bags are attached.

I installed mine with 3M DUAL LOCK and they have held up great with no issues. This stuff IS NOT VELCRO.

No holes drilled!!!! (My verticals lock to my horizontals .... otherwise it would damn near be impossible to pop them off!!!) Same stuff as EZ-Pass connection to windshields.

The template supplied with the kit is very poor .... and I have seen Dealers really botch the job of a drilled install

https://www.itapestore.com/3M-dual-lock-by-the-yard.aspx

View attachment 50437View attachment 50438View attachment 50439

Do the bags interfere with your passenger?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png