parts availability - older Goldwings ?

Psp501

10+ Posts
Oct 12, 2017
Montoursville, PA
I have been seeing a number of older Goldwings (1995-2005) for sale with trike conversions. Some of them have under 50k miles with several having significantly lower miles.

I know that Goldwings are nearly bulletproof, but are parts (Honda) easily available for bikes of that era?

I am not sure what year the trike kits are (none are listed), but I am wondering if I can expand my search parameters as I was leery of parts availability on a +/- 20 year old bike.

Still not sure of the trike kit that I am looking for, but want to be ready if the right deal comes along on an older bike.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Bob

North Central, PA

Still a 2 wheel non Goldwing rider, but researching

I have only had a problem with 1 part so far on mine.It was a transmission part and if I were doing it again I would just drop a used engine in and go but for the most part there are parts out there.You may have to use aftermarket on some things and used on body parts but there are many being scrapped for parts so plenty available.

Thanks for welcome & replies

Thanks for the welcome & info. i have just started researching, but the idea of coming across an older bike (or trike) will broaden my search. Still leaning toward a Goldwing conversion.So many kits available. I am trying to soak up all the info. I have to start the test ride process soon.

The Can-Am Spyder also interests me, but the reported problems are a concern. I will definitely take one for a long ride even if I have to rent one as many have said you need a long ride to even begin to get comfortable with it.

The prowler RT & Hannigan HRT look interesting, but outside of magazines, I have never seen one. Hoping to come across a long term owner's review.

Thanks again for all the info and support.

Bob

Thanks for the welcome & info. i have just started researching, but the idea of coming across an older bike (or trike) will broaden my search. Still leaning toward a Goldwing conversion.So many kits available. I am trying to soak up all the info. I have to start the test ride process soon.

The Can-Am Spyder also interests me, but the reported problems are a concern. I will definitely take one for a long ride even if I have to rent one as many have said you need a long ride to even begin to get comfortable with it.

The prowler RT & Hannigan HRT look interesting, but outside of magazines, I have never seen one. Hoping to come across a long term owner's review.

Thanks again for all the info and support.

Bob

If you decide to go with a Spyder, my wife bought a new 2016 and absolutely loves it. If you go for a late model, steer clear of 2013s, as they had a plethora of problems. 2014 was the first year with the 3 cylinder rotax engine, which is what is in my wife's bike. It has plenty of power, and she can outrun my 2015 Harley Tri Glide if she decides to.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, and welcome to Trike Talk.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png