Motor trike shocks question

Ok, I need new rear shocks on my new to me 1997 Valkyrie motor trike conversion.

Should be easy to do, right?

Well, first, the shocks are made only for motor trike.

Send them an email, get a quick response. Mostly telling

me they are made for motor trike and to contact my local dealer.

Ok, call one of the local dealers about 200 miles away. He doesn't carry the shock and doesn't know what they cost. I will have to contact Motor Trike for that.....

Getting aggravated.......Anyone know what the damn shocks for a Valkyrie conversion cost? It is the one with the solid axle, air bags and the shocks. ALL I NEED IS THE SHOCKS!

Anyone know of a non factory replacement shock that will work?

I would call Motortrike back and advise them that your local dealer (give them the name) was not able to help you and referred you back to them. Motortrike has been trying to get their dealers more support by referring orders back to them per their contract with motortrike, but when they don't deliver you need to ask motortrike what next.

todays response, call the dealer back and have them order the shocks.......

Still NO price:(

Gonna try a different dealer tomorrow

Werewolf,

I was the one who originally referred you to a dealer in your area using our dealer locator when you emailed in. Not sure who you may have spoken to on your most recent interaction with us. Most dealers, when they do not have pricing on a part simply contact us to get the part information to update their system (if it's something they've never had to order before, it's very likely they wouldn't have it in their computers).

If you don't feel you're getting the assistance from them that you expect as a customer, I would suggest contacting another dealer. While we do not sell direct to the retail public, we can drop ship most parts directly to you as the customer; your dealer who places the order would simply need to let us know and provide your ship to information when they place the order with us.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png