We need to talk about oil.

Hey Jack, I just picked up some more of your Quicksilver 20W-50 synthetic motorcycle oil for $4.50 a quart. It was right next to a gallon jug for $28.50. I don't go there often, but I'm checking for them to put out more. That's too good of a price to pass up.

Hey Jack, I just picked up some more of your Quicksilver 20W-50 synthetic motorcycle oil for $4.50 a quart. It was right next to a gallon jug for $28.50. I don't go there often, but I'm checking for them to put out more. That's too good of a price to pass up.

Awesome price;)

Everything one needs to know about oil for an HD motor can be found in the owner's manual. Written by the folks that built the motor. Of course it doesn't feature a scantily clad young lass promoting a hip oil with a cool sounding name.Therefore disregard the advice of this old sinner. Instead listen to the young girl. Im sure her motor is well lubricated.

Of course the MoCo want you to use THEIR oil, the only problem is it's not the best oil to use IMO. That's also what every decent service technician with tell you, if their honest. If your having trouble shifting , they will say, try this, usually Redline Shockproof transmission fluid.

The important thing is to change them at regular intervals.

I was so impressed with the redline in Harley Quinn ... I think I'm gonna do all three holes with the redline line. In Harley Quinn I used Syn3 in the engine ... gonna do the redline 20-50 in it on the trike, the redline primary in that hole and the shock proof in the tranny.

I'm probably good, but, before I go anywhere long distance ... Like Mesquite at the end on the month ... I'll change it all so I know where I am.

I have used Liqui Moly 10w-60 race oil in two bikes, and it will go into my current bike at the next oil change. HTT has an extensive thread on with lab results, it’s a long thread. For me it helps to quiet the engine while it seems to keep it running a bit cooler. About the same pricing of other synthetic oils. Fleabay is where I buy it from. Mind you it’s engine oil, no good for the primary.

I still have 10 quarts of Lucas 20w50 full synthetic motorcycle oil, but because I like to change things up, in a few 100 miles, I will be switching to Redline 20w50 in the engine.

I have Shockprof in the tranny & it's great. I still have Formula + in the primary & 1 more to use, then I will switch to Redline primary fluid, as I have 2 of those.

Jack, I have posted here to revive this thread just because I know you really like oil threads.

I still have 10 quarts of Lucas 20w50 full synthetic motorcycle oil, but because I like to change things up, in a few 100 miles, I will be switching to Redline 20w50 in the engine.

I have Shockprof in the tranny & it's great. I still have Formula + in the primary & 1 more to use, then I will switch to Redline primary fluid, as I have 2 of those.

Jack, I have posted here to revive this thread just because I know you really like oil threads.

A day without an oil post is like a day without coffee:p

I think the Red line in the primary will be a good choice

I think the MOCO is phasing out the Formula+ in favor of their new gear oil, so I will switch to Redline in my primary as well

A day without an oil post is like a day without coffee:p

I think the Red line in the primary will be a good choice

I think the MOCO is phasing out the Formula+ in favor of their new gear oil, so I will switch to Redline in my primary as well

I didn't have any issues with the Lucas in the primary & still have 2 quarts of the Quicksilver, but wanted to use up the Formula +. Now that I have 2 quarts of the Redline, I'm eager to try it. I know you stated it's for cooling the plates, but it gets so dirty, I just would not feel right leaving it in the primary 10,000 miles. So I'm going to try 10,000 mile intervals on the tranny(Redline Shockproof), 5,000 miles on the primary(currently Formula +) and probably 3-4,000 on the engine oil(currently Castrol Acteva), though I'm changing the Castrol at 2,000 miles before my 2,300 mile trip to Durango, CO and the 4 Corners Rally. This will be my 1st big rally.

I know 1 thing, I need to quit buying oil & filters for awhile, but I have trouble turning down good deals.

I still have 3 K&N & 2 HD oil filters+ 1 Fram motorcycle filter that I decided not to use.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png