Fender Bra's for the Freewheeler

Lola, I purchased and have just installed the same bra set as yours. They look great but I was wondering if the lower edge of your fenders are covered. If they are, do you have more than two snaps on the bottom?

OK, Thanks Lola. I have about 5/16" of my fender showing toward the inside edge. I mounted the snaps as low as possible. Maybe I stretched it upward too much. I may add another snap near the inside one at the front. Patrick sent me some extras.

Dan, I felt the same way. Couldn't find a anything clip-on. If there are no chips, the clear bras would be great. Some have sprayed bed liner type products. I felt the snap install holes would be better than the scuffs and chips.

Dan, I felt the same way. Couldn't find a anything clip-on. If there are no chips, the clear bras would be great. Some have sprayed bed liner type products. I felt the snap install holes would be better than the scuffs and chips.

Thanks RKplus10, I just came to the exact same conclusion! I'm waiting for the perfect product to get developed to stop the chipping on my fenders....meanwhile my fenders are getting chipped, just doesn't make much sense does it! :laugh:

I live on a dirt road so it's already too late for the clear bras unfortunately.

I'm now considering the spray bedliner route. I agree, I just can't bring myself to drill holes it the fenders.

I am fortunate after a year, not 1 chip & I had well over 3,000 highway miles.:)

I'm now considering the spray bedliner route. I agree, I just can't bring myself to drill holes it the fenders.

I am fortunate after a year, not 1 chip & I had well over 3,000 highway miles.:)

Since you do not have any chips, why not use the clear bras?

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that clear bras existed until it was too late. I have read that many people don't like the bras I have, that they ruin the paint. When I clean my trike, I clean my bras and wax my fenders before I put the bras back on. Even if they do mar the paint, it will not be any worse than the rock chips and I personally think they look better than Line-X or anything I have seen as of today.

If and when I remove the bras and repair the fenders I wouldn't allow any painter incapable of repairing the drilled holes to work on Freewheeler so it doesn't bother me. However, I must admit I left the room as the holes where being drilled.

I do remember that this was discussed a few years ago on this forum, before I bought the ones I have. Someone claimed they did just that.

I saw a Freewheeler not long after that with the Tri Glide bras on it, they were saggy on the top part of the fender where it dips down to the bob tail. I would not have been happy with them on my trike.

I do remember that this was discussed a few years ago on this forum, before I bought the ones I have. Someone claimed they did just that.

I saw a Freewheeler not long after that with the Tri Glide bras on it, they were saggy on the top part of the fender where it dips down to the bob tail. I would not have been happy with them on my trike.

Thanks Lola, I was looking at that fender dip and thought it would be a problem area.

I have the same fender bras Lola has. I put them on right after getting my FW. I had the same problem PKplus10 described with the bra arching at the bottom. The directions said to pull it tight. I guess I pulled it too tight. I put a piece of black electrical tape on the fender under the bra. You have to look real close to notice it.

I wish I had put something on the area between the body and the fender because that's where I got a paint chip!

Fender protection

I had xpel paint protection film installed by professional shop. He covered entire fenders, front fender, front of fuel tank and also where my pants would rub on the tank, covered side covers and inside area (where my wife kicks the snot out of the fenders), headlight and turn signals. My only mistake was waiting one year from purchase of trike so i had some stone chips. Cost $500. He will cover entire body if you want it done. It cost more because he had to make a computer cad for it because i was the first Freewheeler he did. In the n.e. section of Pa. Penndot tars and chips road surface without warnings. The film is clear, cleans with anything you want to use, i typically use bug tar remover and it shines.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png