The local Honda dealer called me today

GoldWingrGreg

JustWings.com
May 12, 2016
Zephyrhills, FL, USA
They called to inform me of when they'll have the new GoldWing in their showroom. Basically, I told them that I was not looking to walk around one just to drool over one, I was interested in buying one. I was told they are taking deposit of $2000.

They called to inform me of when they'll have the new GoldWing in their showroom. Basically, I told them that I was not looking to walk around one just to dreuwll all over one, I was interested in buying one. I was told they are taking deposit of $2000.

Didn't happen to ask how many takers they had on the deposits? My local dealer has a handful of guys that trade every two years and this is the year for them to trade he says they're waiting till they can test ride. And a few of them typically will have the dealer trike out there machine before rolling them out and now they are leery on what's going to happen there.

Didn't happen to ask how many takers they had on the deposits? My local dealer has a handful of guys that trade every two years and this is the year for them to trade he says they're waiting till they can test ride. And a few of them typically will have the dealer trike out there machine before rolling them out and now they are leery on what's going to happen there.

None of the Honda dealers close to us will allow test rides. They expect you just to buy without riding. That's why I buy Harleys. They'll let you test ride anything on the showroom floor. Not that I have anything against Hondas mind you...I'd just like to get a feel of what I'm riding before I commit to such a large purchase.

By not getting bike right away, only makes it worth more at re-sale time...OR get more money for the sale (people pay more $$ for a vehicle, that they can't get their hands on immeadially)

Remember when Harley would make a customer wait months before they could get the bike, ???

Ronnie

Different strokes for different folks. I admire those that can rush to the dealer and write the check and walk out the door with a smile and think, "I did good" without even having a test ride. Don't get me wrong, I'm a hard core Gold Winger, and I think Mother Honda did a good job with this machine.

Different strokes for different folks. I admire those that can rush to the dealer and write the check and walk out the door with a smile and think, "I did good" without even having a test ride. Don't get me wrong, I'm a hard core Gold Winger, and I think Mother Honda did a good job with this machine.

I know for me, putting down a $2000 deposit for a Wing that's unseen and 90 days (or less) off is asking a lot. Here's what many dealers don't seem to get. First, there seems to be many that are not willing to do business over the phone or internet. And here is the most important part that many don't get. When it comes to buying a GoldWing, many buyers are more then willing to buy one several states away. For example, I'd much rather buy one from a dealer near the Smokies and ride my new Wing through the Smokies and on the BRP, and then ride it home, instead of buying one at a local dealer, probably for more money, and then ride it only a few miles to home. Often the money saved buying elsewhere pays for the trip to go get it.

I know for me, putting down a $2000 deposit for a Wing that's unseen and 90 days (or less) off is asking a lot. Here's what many dealers don't seem to get. First, there seems to be many that are not willing to do business over the phone or internet. And here is the most important part that many don't get. When it comes to buying a GoldWing, many buyers are more then willing to buy one several states away. For example, I'd much rather buy one from a dealer near the Smokies and ride my new Wing through the Smokies and on the BRP, and then ride it home, instead of buying one at a local dealer, probably for more money, and then ride it only a few miles to home. Often the money saved buying elsewhere pays for the trip to go get it.

As long as you don't have to be the first one on the block it have one.....Just wait Honda will make more....:Shrug:

:Agree: Greg, I did just that with my 2009 Wing. ThumbUp

I saved $1225 after comparing 4 other quotes from Honda dealers in and outside the state. This savings also included the cost of a one way airline ticket. The dealer picked me up at the airport and then drove me back to his location.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yantwohands
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png