Motor Trike Rear Tires Recommendation

May 11, 2017
Westford, MA
Ok guys looking for your recommendation on a set of rear tires for my Motor Trike Razor based on your experience.

The GL1800 trike came with a set of Fuzon and I'm not happy with them.

Thanks!!

Ok guys looking for your recommendation on a set of rear tires for my Motor Trike Razor based on your experience.

Thanks!!

I bought mine at a tire store. Took the wheels off myself and had new tires put on. Them put them back on the trike myself. I did learn, that you have to really pump up the air shocks quite a bit to get the new tires and rims back under those fenders.

Also what’s the wheel size ? 15 - 16 :Shrug:

Sorry, mine are 245 R45/17

Sumitomo · All Season I liked the tread and I think they are rated at 60K. I really like them, they are pretty wide. Looks like about 10 inches wide. I travel allot, so I wanted a great ride and great traction. I absolute love the long haul trips. I wish I was retired, I would be traveling all year long on this thing.

I bought mine at a tire store. Took the wheels off myself and had new tires put on. Them put them back on the trike myself. I did learn, that you have to really pump up the air shocks quite a bit to get the new tires and rims back under those fenders.

I just jack up the body so the axle lowers down and the tires will go right on.

Thanks!!

I replaced both rear tires with Cooper Trendsetter SE Tires. This is a all season, quiet-running tire with excellent traction.

I purchased them from Tire Central & Service. They did a great job. They also checked my brakes, both front and rear.

It sucks to have to take them back to the tire store and have to have them re-balanced.

FYI ... on some, there is very little clearance between the wheel and the brake caliper which means that there may not be room for tape-on wheel weights in that area of the wheel. If that is the case, I take a yellow tire chalk and "x" out that area on the inside of the wheel and alert the tire mounter of such ... "weights cannot be mounted there." Once the wheel and tire assemblies are remounted, spin them by hand making sure there is no interference between wheel weights and the caliper.

So I had them road forced balanced, that helped but still have a vibration so my next move is to replace them in the spring. These OEM Fuzon tires absolutely suck in the rain so looking for a good quality tire that's an all-season (softer rubber compound) which hopefully gives us better wet weather traction and less vibration. I know trikes don't like wet weather but I have to believe you guys have found a set of tires that improves traction and provide you a smooth ride. Getting 50K miles out of a set of tires is NOT important as traction and ride quality.

Also noted some of you mentioned switching away for the OEM tire sizes, what did some of you others switch to?

Thanks!

Kevin, several posts ago someone asked your wheel size. I expect they are 16 or 17 inch and that really limits the tire availability. Bridgestone T/A Radials would be my recommendation but I don't think they come to fit your wheels. Good luck with your search. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Kevin, several posts ago someone asked your wheel size. I expect they are 16 or 17 inch and that really limits the tire availability. Bridgestone T/A Radials would be my recommendation but I don't think they come to fit your wheels. Good luck with your search. :xszpv: :xszpv:

They are OEM 225/60/17, but can't I use 16" tires?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png