Who Says You Can't Take It With You?

Loner

VW Tech Expert
Aug 21, 2010
Harvest, AL USA
Some shots of my toys. One trip to Sturgis and the Black Hills without a bike/trike to ride and I had to do something - and I didn't like the idea of pulling a trailer long enough for a car and a trike. I drive on the trike, lift it (electric hoist and pulley system), hook up my SUV behind that and off we go. A pair of 5/8" stainless pins take the load off the winch and cable once lifted. I tacked it together and had a certified welder secure each stage of fabrication. Then had a trailer fabricator who's been doing that work for a zillion years do a final inspection and stamp of approval.

To give credit where it's due, I started with a Cruiserlift as the basic structure (and made many major modifications and design changes to handle the additional weight, center of gravity change, etc.). Because the lift is frame mounted on the motorhome, towing the SUV behind that does not count as double trailering (which is illegal in some states). I still haven't made myself relax while traveling with this train yet though.

loner-albums-loner-s-trikes-picture4409-hd-street-glide-voyager-my-lift-one-trip-sturgis-without-trike-cruise-through-black-hills-i-had-do-something.jpg

loner-albums-loner-s-trikes-picture4407-hd-street-glide-voyager-electric-winch-raises-behind-my-motorhome-my-saturn-vue-tows-behind-who-says-you-cant-take-you.jpg

loner-albums-loner-s-trikes-picture4408-hd-street-glide-voyager-my-toy-hauling-my-toy.jpg

That is a great looking set up,,,, I have read on several of the RV boards where they are looking for something to carry their trike with their Motorhome.. Looks like U have figured something out for it.... Most are towing a long wheel base truck with the trike in the back....

Good job,,,,,enjoy the trike and Motorhome, and keep posting some pictures of ur travels....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png