Please Help with an Error Code I Cant Track Down!

I replaced my switch, but alas the damn code came back

I have checked my pressure with a master gauge, it looks fine

Not much faith in this can bus system so far:p

I'm just not sure whether I should let them mess with it or let it go. I had convinced myself to forget about it & it's been 8 months since the last one.

My logical brain is telling me it can't be anything serious if it's popping up every 8 months or so.

My anal side is thinking, if you blow it off & the warranty runs out in 6 weeks, you will be stuck with the bill.

Any thoughts?

I'm just not sure whether I should let them mess with it or let it go. I had convinced myself to forget about it & it's been 8 months since the last one.

My logical brain is telling me it can't be anything serious if it's popping up every 8 months or so.

My anal side is thinking, if you blow it off & the warranty runs out in 6 weeks, you will be stuck with the bill.

Any thoughts?

Let your dealer handle this now, that way you have a paper trail started;)

Chances are good HD has another batch of new sourced units for the dealers

This has happened before when they got a bunch of defective Chinese units

You can also ask your dealer to run a master gauge on your trike and record the PSI for you, they will already have the old sender out so it only takes another 5 minutes to run this test

A good tech and service manager should IMO agree on this

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Let your dealer handle this now, that way you have a paper trail started;)

Chances are good HD has another batch of new sourced units for the dealers

This has happened before when they got a bunch of defective Chinese units

You can also ask your dealer to run a master gauge on your trike and record the PSI for you, they will already have the old sender out so it only takes another 5 minutes to run this test

A good tech and service manager should IMO agree on this

Jack, I enjoy bouncing my thoughts/ideas off of you because we tend to think alike. Thanks:Dorag:

I talked to the service manager at Doc's HD & I'm bringing it in next Sat. & they will check it out & verify everything is OK, oil pressure wise & if that checks out, replace the sensor.

They stated that the issue is documented & even when my warranty expires, if it becomes a problem again, they will take care of it.

He still thinks it's no big deal & just an overly sensitive sensor, which is what he said a year ago.;)

Jack, I enjoy bouncing my thoughts/ideas off of you because we tend to think alike. Thanks:Dorag:

I talked to the service manager at Doc's HD & I'm bringing it in next Sat. & they will check it out & verify everything is OK, oil pressure wise & if that checks out, replace the sensor.

They stated that the issue is documented & even when my warranty expires, if it becomes a problem again, they will take care of it.

He still thinks it's no big deal & just an overly sensitive sensor, which is what he said a year ago.;)

Thanks Michael

Good on you for the great relation have with your dealer

I hope they have a NEW and improved sensor now in stock;)

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
I'm hoping this problem is corrected. The oil pressure sensor on my 17 had a bare spot on the sensor wire. My dealer tested my engine oil pressure & replaced the sensor.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png