Been a member for some time but never said hello..

Aug 23, 2015
Poland, OH
So Hello.... Converted my 1998 GW to a CSC trike in 2002. 2 wheel GW was getting too heavy for me. Sold the trike in 2006, arthritis in wrists too bad to keep clutching.

Bought a 2006 Burgman 650 scooter... I din't buy a scooter because it was a scooter, but because it has no manual clutch. Scoot was very light (at the time) at only 650 pounds..

I just sold it in November this year..... Was too heavy for me and wasn't using it much. In 2013 I bought a smaller version of the Burgman. A Burgman 400 at only

500 pounds.... What age will do to a person... I miss the GW very much but the scooters have a lot going for them, especially no clutching or shifting..... But to me

they are high maintenance $$$$$.

I joined Trike Talk thinking I might convert my Burgman 650 to a trike, but the only conversion out there that I was halfway interested in was the 'Breeze' by Motor Trike,

but it uses a chain for final drive... I don't do chains.. Too much bs and too old to be mess'in with... and the conversion was way to expensive for what it is.

The last chain bike I had was in 1975 Kawasaki KZ 400. Don't need to go back to retro propulsion.

Bill......

Hi Bill. Welcome from west Texas!

Have you looked at the Spyder? They are easy on the wrists and have the 3rd wheel to hold the weight up for you. Good luck in your decision.

Hey Bill, try the Spyder route (I have Osteoarthritis and love mine). Look for a used semi-automatic model (you just push a button with your thumb to shift gears, and you have just a foot break pedal as it controls all three wheels) all you have to do is twist the throttle and use the foot break. Some of the earlier used models might be getting into your price range. Good luck and ride safe!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png