front or back

Thank you all for responding to my last post. Now I see that at least one company is making two wheels in the front for Gold Wings. H-D next?

Is there any advantage to having two in the front as opposed to two in the back? comments most appreciated.

Bud

Thank you all for responding to my last post. Now I see that at least one company is making two wheels in the front for Gold Wings. H-D next?

Is there any advantage to having two in the front as opposed to two in the back? comments most appreciated.

Bud

I had both first a Spyder ' And now I'm on my second Tri glide' The spider Rode smoother but the Tri Glide feels much more like a motorcycle if that's what you're looking for ! Otherwise it's six of one 1/2 dozen of another :Shrug::Shrug:

Thank you all for responding to my last post. Now I see that at least one company is making two wheels in the front for Gold Wings. H-D next? Is there any advantage to having two in the front as opposed to two in the back? comments most appreciated.Bud

Hannigan has a reverse trike kit for the Wing, as does Motor Trike and an outfit out of the Netherlands called Sturgis R18. There are probably more, but those are the 3 that come to mind that are easily available here in the USofA.

There is also an outfit out of Minnesota called Endeavor Trikes that makes a kit that is claimed to fit virtually any motorcycle. So I guess that answers "H-D next"in a sense. The Endeavor website https://endeavortrikes.com/faq/ has an FAQ with some opinion on handling, among other factors. Other comments on the reverse vs. traditional trikes are mostly stability and handling on the curvy bits.

And, the Spyder notwithstanding, reverse trike kits for motorcycle conversions are pretty rare, about like trikes in general were when we got our first VW trike in 1992. These days trikes are common enough that most traditional motorcycle based trikes don't garner a second look. With a reverse trike you'll get lots of comments at stops, and you won't be seeing yourself coming at you in the other lane.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png