Porch Pirates get "Played" not Paid....

Good point Randy! Most of the vids online of these modern day pirates are from the Ring doorbell security systems.

Wish I'd have had the smarts to buy some of their stock a few years back....;)

Good point Randy! Most of the vids online of these modern day pirates are from the Ring doorbell security systems.

Wish I'd have had the smarts to buy some of their stock a few years back....;)

Pete, the inventor was on Shark Tank and didnt get a deal. It was originally called the Door Bot. You know those guys are kicking themselves for not investing it that deal.

I wonder how many here own a Ring Doorbell Camera? Anyone?

I don't have one, But i'm thinking once the bad guys figure it out , The'll just grab the package and not ring the bell...:Shrug:

Also some thief's are going up to the door with an empty package, and then leaving with the real package, So anyone watching will think they left the first package at the wrong house..

I have old school CCTV around my shop & home, but not a Ring.

Mainly because I refuse to buy a "smartphone", but I'm leaning more & more that way. These Ring systems give a good close~up facial shot of potential badguys/gals, that are more likely to be positively ID'd by LEO. Trouble is once the evil do'ers realize the presence of a Ring, they'll either disguise themselves, or simply tear it off the wall...

I don't have one, But i'm thinking once the bad guys figure it out , The'll just grab the package and not ring the bell...:Shrug:

Also some thief's are going up to the door with an empty package, and then leaving with the real package, So anyone watching will think they left the first package at the wrong house..

Ring has motion detection and infrared detection, so they do not have to ring the doorbell.

I have old school CCTV around my shop & home, but not a Ring.

Mainly because I refuse to buy a "smartphone", but I'm leaning more & more that way. These Ring systems give a good close~up facial shot of potential badguys/gals, that are more likely to be positively ID'd by LEO. Trouble is once the evil do'ers realize the presence of a Ring, they'll either disguise themselves, or simply tear it off the wall...

Pete, a smartphone will change your life...for the better.

This is another interesting option. REMO the worlds first wireless over the door camera.

I have the door bell camera with voice, but it also records upon someone approaching the front of the house. I also have a camera in the back as well. The cameras are from the security system I have for monitoring services. I also receive a notice on the phone everytime someone activates the camera. From the phone I can also lock and unlock the front door, turn lights on and off and control the thermostat. This has been a great thing for me especially since we are not always around. 54.00 a month for the service. Jim

If I happen to be home, here is my porch pirate deterrent...

pearce-grip.jpg

^....Second or third "victim" was a white/caucasian gal.

Those Twinz vids are vicious, but their "targets" are fully deserving of their pranks, IMO....:clapping:

I guess package theft is happening everywhere. Our neighborhood has an website app called Nextdoor and someone is always posting that their packages got stolen. Most have started installing the Ring remote camera.

My neighborhood uses Nextdoor. Last week two dudes got into an argument about a dog pooping on a driveway. The dog's owner failed to cleaned it up so the exchange was heated.

A few days ago a man was verbally attacked on Nextdoor by many of the neighbors because he ran outside with a gun to chase off a woman trying to steal his blow-up Santa. She got out of the passenger side of a truck so he felt the need to be strapped. He didn't fire the gun, just told her that he is always armed and shoots to kill. He posted that he has license to carry which really set some of the crazies off.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png