Fairing Auxilirary Switch Kit 71400129 - Problem

May 22, 2016
West Coast BC Canada
I purchased the above kit wanting to run one or two accessories from the fairing on my 2018 Tri Glide. This kit is for the right hand side dash panel [left side has Aux Lights and Fan and blank] where there are three blanks. The first step is to locate accessory connector 325B under the right cover and then add a fused harness to this connector. [ this provides power for the accessories]. The rest of the install is straight forward. The problem that I have is I had the HD Coolfan installed when I purchased the trike, and that is plugged into connector 325B, which defeats [I think] my Auxilirary Switch Kit. Also looking at the wiring diagram the Accessory Connector 4A under the left side cover does not have power to it - so I assume plugging an accessory into this switched connector will need a power source??

Thanks for any ideas/advice.

Harley makes a splitter (they call it an Electrical Accessory Adapter p/n 70264-94A) for four-way Deutsch connectors. Perhaps they make one for the three-way Molex connector where you Coolfan is connected.

Alternatively I guess you could tap into the wires on the 325B Accessory Connector on the bike using Posi-Tap connectors. https://www.posi-products.com/

ADDED: H-D makes an Electrical Connection Harness Extension 69201599A which can be used in conjunction with a Switched Circuit Adapter Harness 70264-94A. I found this infomation in the installation instructions for the Coolflow fan 26800128. It is a Note in section 4 of the Installation. It states "Install optional Switched Circuit Adapter Harness if more than one accessory must be connected between the P&A connector and fan relay harness connector." It is difficult from the diagrams and the fact that the instructions refer to the same item under different nomenclatures sometimes exactly how this would work but it might be worth investigating.

In any case please let us know how you proceed.

Harley makes a splitter (they call it an Electrical Accessory Adapter p/n 70264-94A) for four-way Deutsch connectors. Perhaps they make one for the three-way Molex connector where you Coolfan is connected.

Alternatively I guess you could tap into the wires on the 325B Accessory Connector on the bike using Posi-Tap connectors. https://www.posi-products.com/

ADDED: H-D makes an Electrical Connection Harness Extension 69201599A which can be used in conjunction with a Switched Circuit Adapter Harness 70264-94A. I found this infomation in the installation instructions for the Coolflow fan 26800128. It is a Note in section 4 of the Installation. It states "Install optional Switched Circuit Adapter Harness if more than one accessory must be connected between the P&A connector and fan relay harness connector." It is difficult from the diagrams and the fact that the instructions refer to the same item under different nomenclatures sometimes exactly how this would work but it might be worth investigating.

In any case please let us know how you proceed.

Thanks Ultrafxr - reread the Coolflow fan instructions again and it did state "Install Optional Harness 69201706 [one to two connector]if more than one accessory is to be connected. So I am hoping what it means is I can connect this harness to my 325B and then connect my 71400129 harness on one leg and the and the Coolflow fan on the other.

Thanks Ultrafxr - reread the Coolflow fan instructions again and it did state "Install Optional Harness 69201706 [one to two connector]if more than one accessory is to be connected. So I am hoping what it means is I can connect this harness to my 325B and then connect my 71400129 harness on one leg and the and the Coolflow fan on the other.

Re-read the Coolfan instructions and did find that part number right on the first page. When I found the reference to the adapter on page 3 of the instructions it did not give the part number so I searched and found the other harness 70264-94A. Glad you found the correct one and sure hope it works for you. Keep us posted.

Re-read the Coolfan instructions and did find that part number right on the first page. When I found the reference to the adapter on page 3 of the instructions it did not give the part number so I searched and found the other harness 70264-94A. Glad you found the correct one and sure hope it works for you. Keep us posted.

It looks like the 'Y adapter # 69201706 will work - word of caution - you will adding 12V pin to connector 325B for the other/future accessories, when you add adapter 69210706 this will give 12V to both of the 'Y' legs - the 12V pin must not go to the Coolflow fan leg . [I have not purchased this adapter as yet [HD Store - 3.5hrs away] so I am assuming this to be the case.

accessory switch kit

I the have the accessory switch kit for my 2017 triglide The instructions say to connect the lead from the battery to connector 325b by realizing the secondary security clip....???????? I have been unable to figure out a.where is the clip

I purchased the above kit wanting to run one or two accessories from the fairing on my 2018 Tri Glide. This kit is for the right hand side dash panel [left side has Aux Lights and Fan and blank] where there are three blanks. The first step is to locate accessory connector 325B under the right cover and then add a fused harness to this connector. [ this provides power for the accessories]. The rest of the install is straight forward. The problem that I have is I had the HD Coolfan installed when I purchased the trike, and that is plugged into connector 325B, which defeats [I think] my Auxilirary Switch Kit. Also looking at the wiring diagram the Accessory Connector 4A under the left side cover does not have power to it - so I assume plugging an accessory into this switched connector will need a power source??

Thanks for any ideas/advice.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png