Need help in las vegas

triwinggirl

500+ Posts
Jun 26, 2010
Las vegas Nevada
HI EVERYONE; im installing a new front end on my 2002 GoldWing DFT. it been disassembled, it's ready to assemble. I am no longer able to do it by myself due severe injuries to my back and head and the rest of my body.

I need help with the installation. it should only take a couple days. then bleed the brakes and install the body. about a weeks worth of work. I have been promised help over the last 2 months since it was disassembled. no one followed up.

I really need my trike back.1017171307a.jpg1026171904.jpg1215172058.jpg

I understand I will enjoy have someone learn with me, when I find someone to help. I mostly know what goes where, and not my first time having the body off.

I only need a day here and a day there. everything needed to be assembled on a given day will be ready for that day. I would want to do assembly days on the weekends a Saturday or Sunday or both if needed.

I still have to finish prep and paint the new body then assemble it.

im ready to install the front end, brakes and handle bars now.

then bleed the brakes on another day.

I have made some progress working alone but it goes very slow. I still have to modify the rear front fender a little, then final install on complete front end. then install steering stabilizer mount to motor mount. then mount the handle bars and controls. bleed brakes and check for leaks. still need to finish painting the 2 main body halfs. then assemble body. then install body. with my back as bad as it is I just cant do that much at any given time alone. im afraid to hurt myself which I have done from doing to much.

THEN FINISHED AND RIDING

0104181402.jpg

yes it is

yes it is, I just could not buy another set of factory forks. there are not many option for the goldwing.

I love the car tire, when we took it off the jack the shocks did not even move.

it an interesting install, it replaces most all the factory front brake lines. the oil less sliders are kind cool.

but it looks so cool on the bike.

looking forward to actual riding it now.

there are some body part modifications you have to make. the chrome cover on the front end have to be cut to fit. im still not sure how but the main body will have to be cut some to accommodate the steering stabilizer that comes out just above the radiator hose. there is body there. im just not at that point yet.

Looking good. The chrome pieces for the front fender will still work to tie the front and rear fender together with a little trimming. I recommend this to add strength to the back half of the front fender. I can send pictures of a trimmed piece if you need them. I can also send pictures of trimming needed for body pieces.

Looking good. The chrome pieces for the front fender will still work to tie the front and rear fender together with a little trimming. I recommend this to add strength to the back half of the front fender. I can send pictures of a trimmed piece if you need them. I can also send pictures of trimming needed for body pieces.

clapping%20smilie.gif
YES PLEASE HELP

eurowing has been less than forth coming with instructions.

I could use pics of how to modify or where and how to cut the chrome covers and the body. to make room for the forks and the steering stabilizer.

im also having trouble getting the right motor mount bolt out. is there a trick to it? there is not much room inside to move a wrench or socket. I was thinking of using a torque gun on the outside but am worried about breaking the bolt.

im also concerned about mounting the brake connections on the neck, I have been able to mount the front on the right side, the back just would not reach that far and fit. so I found a way to end up tie strapping it to the main stay on the left side. I also discovered the front line to the master cylinder will not tuck into the handle bar, it seems to function and move with the throttle cables well.

im also kinda befuddled about the steering stabilizer and how it routes out. does it go over or under the radiator hoses.
confused.gif

oh yea I forgot about the screw in rear brake line connections. im worried they are going to leak. the friend that helped me install these screwed them down very tight, im sure they are over tightened. im waiting to bleed them to confirm the leak. unless you can tell me they will leak. in which case I will not bleed them and will order parts now and do the repair.
confused.gif

otherwise I think I got it installed.

it ok you can post help and instructions or send them by email to me at triwinggirl@cox.net I know the PM is not working.

That’s a lot of questions but that’s fine. You can get my phone number off the eurowing website. Only installer in Georgia. The front motor mount is tight . You will not break that bolt as it is very hard and large. I usually break the nut loose first. It is a little difficult to get to.

A magnet will help if you drop the nut. A new bolt , nut and space is supplied with the kit. I will take a picture of how stabilizer bracket , spacer and bolt go back in motor mount hole. Brake lines I will need to talk to you about. I will need to talk to you about adjusting stabilizer and I will send a picture of how stabilizer attaches to front fork.

I am taking a eurowing I did 10 years ago to repaint. I will send you pictures of parts that need to be trimmed when I remove them from the bike. It will probably be Thursday. You are doing good so far and it will be worth all the effort. Coolant lines will go under stabilizer. Wayne

That’s a lot of questions but that’s fine. You can get my phone number off the eurowing website. Only installer in Georgia. The front motor mount is tight . You will not break that bolt as it is very hard and large. I usually break the nut loose first. It is a little difficult to get to.

A magnet will help if you drop the nut. A new bolt , nut and space is supplied with the kit. I will take a picture of how stabilizer bracket , spacer and bolt go back in motor mount hole. Brake lines I will need to talk to you about. I will need to talk to you about adjusting stabilizer and I will send a picture of how stabilizer attaches to front fork.

I am taking a eurowing I did 10 years ago to repaint. I will send you pictures of parts that need to be trimmed when I remove them from the bike. It will probably be Thursday. You are doing good so far and it will be worth all the effort. Coolant lines will go under stabilizer. Wayne

Thanks for your help Wayne!

+1 on that Wayne. She has been doing this all by herself after being hit on her trike last year. She is determined to get back on the road. I wish there was someone in her area that could step up and give her a direct hand besides your expert help.

well im making some progress. I now know how and where to cut body parts and the chrome covers. I know how to finish the brakes.

I need a different connector for the rear brake lines and some parts to fix the leaks I knew would happen. so im waiting for parts. once parts received one days work brakes finished,

since its getting warmer some for a few days im catching up on my painting. by the time I get my parts I expect to have the body together ready to install.

so I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

0128181348.jpg

1 done

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png