When my time comes....

Papa Zook

Founder
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
I wanna take my last ride in this:

Built by our own meredog. Nice work Herb!
MCHearse.jpg

Hey Zook,

Great picture and I'd have to agree that's the way I might want to leave this world as well. I'm curious... I wonder what his tombstone looks like or reads... If anyone attended the funeral or cares to comment, I'd really like to know!!!

Daydreamer

• Admin
This wasn't an actual funeral. I was chatting with meredog and he sent me this pic. This is his yellow VTX1800 Trike photo-shopped black believe it or not. This is one of several styles of hearse trike trailers he builds along with every kind of buggy you can imagine. Herb does some amazing work! http://www.buggy.com/motorcyclehearse.html

This cemetery actually adjoins my property and wife and i already have our burial sites set up here.
Taken quite a few photo ops here for website --promotion photos for the bike hearses.
Been building these hearses for five years now and finally this year have really "taken off" . Have two more under construction right now.
Oh, and by they way , we design these so that they can be gooseneck or bumper pull. (can even switch from one to the other

Last edited:
Those hearse trailers are amazing, Herb! Well done!!! And the photoshop paint on your trike is very believable too :D

• Admin
Herb I was thinking...this must be a great business for someone who has purchased one. From recent experience I know that funeral homes charge a premium for the driver, hearse and transportation. Since the cost is already covered within the funeral arrangements/burial policy, a person could probably stay pretty busy. Are your sales more to funeral homes or individuals?

I was thinking of using one for a camper...LOL. Can you imagine the reaction at a campground? Put some white powder on my face and lay there!!

I was thinking of using one for a camper...LOL. Can you imagine the reaction at a campground? Put some white powder on my face and lay there!!

I have seriusly considered doing just that--air mattress --pull the curtains and "rest in peace"-----only thing that stops me is the wife is normally always with me and they are only 42" wide inside so would be snug to say the least.

Herb I was thinking...this must be a great business for someone who has purchased one. From recent experience I know that funeral homes charge a premium for the driver, hearse and transportation. Since the cost is already covered within the funeral arrangements/burial policy, a person could probably stay pretty busy. Are your sales more to funeral homes or individuals?

Had a few that were bought directly by funeral homes but most have gone to individuals who "hire out" to funeral homes and in turn give the funeral home a small percentage of the fee.
A number of the folks who have purchased them were helped financially by a funeral home.

You're site shows a bike pulling one of these Herb...are most pulled with trikes or bikes? Seems like a bike would pull it but would have a harder time stopping it.

You're site shows a bike pulling one of these Herb...are most pulled with trikes or bikes? Seems like a bike would pull it but would have a harder time stopping it.

As far as i know everyone is using trikes with them---the bike in the photo on my website is my son. We always hook them up and run them down the road for a test run when we are done building them

Saw one in the Halloween motorcycle run this year in Salem MA, but he was gone before I could get a close up picture. I've seen a couple posted online too. Very sharp - actually makes the "exit" a little more personal, too. ;)

Saw one in the Halloween motorcycle run this year in Salem MA, but he was gone before I could get a close up picture. I've seen a couple posted online too. Very sharp - actually makes the "exit" a little more personal, too. ;)

I have seriously been considering painting the trike black and touring some bike rallies with it in tow.
However, i have been told that in order to get one of these hearse business's going that is almost a prerequisite that the trike be a Harley

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png