Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from a Reluctant Stranger

Jan 30, 2015
Deltona, Fl
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from a Reluctant Stranger

Howdy All,

Sorry I haven't been on here in a great while, but my illnesses have been reeked havoc with my ole body.

I now cannot work on or even drive our trike or anything we own, my wife must do most everything for me.

The usual guy I had working on my trike has been too busy caring for his wife, as she has end stage cancer.

We found another guy who said he could help, but the last thing he did was bleed all the old brake fluid and replace it with DOT3.

After doing, my wife took it for a ride, a few weeks ago and saw, on the dash panel the "E" light lit and immediately came home.

The guy work replaced the brake oil also bleed all the brakes till the new oil came out each nipple, but will not return our phone calls.

We called every Ford dealership around us buy none of them will touch it.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks, in advance,

Ron

Sorry to hear that Ron

I am not familiar with your brand of trike

How ever I did teach brake class for a few years

If you can give me a picture of your brake system and a bit more info I will try to help

Does your bike have an emergency brake on the rear calipers?

Is this the light that is on the dash?

Do you have a good or weak brake pedal now?

Did you have problems before?

Stallion brakes

I had my 2013 Stallion trike serviced for a brake problem in 2016. I believe there is a custom proportioning valve that the brakes run thru. As I recall the explanation, they removed the leaking lines, used pipe-thread tape when they reinstalled. No more leaks since then, strong, steady pedal too.

I used a good Stallion dealer and Motor-Trike builder:

Leola MotorTrike

Motorcycle Parts Store

Leola, PA

(717) 656-7531

it was worth a 150 mile drive for the good work they did.

You might call and ask for some advice.

I have the advantage of owning a 14” enclosed trailer. I hope this helps.

Google up Motor Trike dealers or Stallion dealers.

J-Bear

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png