The Goldwing Dynasty

trike lady

Jun 26, 2008
Lovington, NM, U.S.A.
Many people have not heard the Goldwing referred to as a 'Dynasty', but I find it to be the best way to describe a long running motorcycle name.

Within the dynasty are the families: GL1000 and the unicorn GL1000 12/74 and they are out there. The very rare 1976 GL1000 for the British the Goldwing executive with the Rickman fairing.

GL1100: Standard, Interstate and Aspencade

GL1200: Standard, Interstate, Aspencade and CFI

GL1500: 1500/6, Interstate, Aspencade, SE and Valkyrie

GL1800: with 3 generations. 2001-2010 gen 1, 2012-2017 gen 2 and 2018+ gen 3, F6B and 2 different Valkyries.

For your info here are pics of the rare British 1976 Goldwing Executive.

Attachments

• 10547.jpg
    10547.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 51af3d2e4b370ffd2cb51b5bbb9c422f.jpg
    51af3d2e4b370ffd2cb51b5bbb9c422f.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 221
There's a good chance they may have purchased some Hondas from my friend Bob's collection, a number of museums and collectors were after many of his bikes including the Indian Dispatch tow.

He had over 2000 motorcycle in his collection, 2 Navy Harley Davidsons, a fire department servicar, Shriner editions, liberty editions, anniversary editions, the first Tri-glide with the Lehman conversion and many more. Every bike he had with the exception of a few look like the just left the showroom floor, not one was a restoration.

Bob passed away in the summer of 2016 and left his wife well off and his two sons own 2 GL1500 Goldwings no one wanted a Canadian Edition and a Euro-spec with pizza box style trunk.

There's a good chance they may have purchased some Hondas from my friend Bob's collection, a number of museums and collectors were after many of his bikes including the Indian Dispatch tow.

He had over 2000 motorcycle in his collection, 2 Navy Harley Davidsons, a fire department servicar, Shriner editions, liberty editions, anniversary editions, the first Tri-glide with the Lehman conversion and many more. Every bike he had with the exception of a few look like the just left the showroom floor, not one was a restoration.

Bob passed away in the summer of 2016 and left his wife well off and his two sons own 2 GL1500 Goldwings no one wanted a Canadian Edition and a Euro-spec with pizza box style trunk.

WOW, thats some history going on there

It was all housed in a very expensive building on his property, It was temperature control and had security. There was a lot of history there, especially with all the Harley Davidsons, some Indians. He knew how to invest money years ago, he bought land in Florida when it was like a dollar an acre, as well as Kentucky and we're going back many years ago.

Thanks for that info. I like that kinda stuff. We usually do barbours about twice a year. It is purdy close.

You said no one wants the Canadian Edition 1500 Wing. Can you enlighten me. I have a 2000 1500 SE Canadian Edition with Lehman Trike.

I have no clue why they snubbed the Canadian Edition and/or Euro-spec 1500. The Euro-spec one maybe since the radio is not for U.S. radio frequencies.

Probably due to the speedometer, KPH vs MPH. :Shrug:

or maybe it only responds to verbal commands in French ...:qpnmt:

Bob purchased the bike from a man who vacation 6 months in Florida and 6 months in Canada. The bike was immaculate. The curators ignored it for what ever reason, not rare enough. :Shrug:

It was all housed in a very expensive building on his property, It was temperature control and had security. There was a lot of history there, especially with all the Harley Davidsons, some Indians. He knew how to invest money years ago, he bought land in Florida when it was like a dollar an acre, as well as Kentucky and we're going back many years ago.

Probably sold some of that land to Disney. Sure hope his kids know how to deal with that collection, some don't, we know how that goes.

Bob sold off his collection prior to his passing away, it would have overwhelmed his wife and 2 sons, but he knew the right people and got in touch with them. I'm sure that Mecum Auctions misses Bob as he was a regular.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png