Conceal Holster

Curious what you guys are using for a carry holster on the Trike. Really not interested in the 50 cal - big bore carry stuff - Glock or like sidearm holsters. Also your concerns when traveling legally with your sidearm....printing etc. Thanks - jc

John, I can't say much as for a holster. I have a custom made crossdraw holster for my favorite carry gun but I usually carry my gun in either my jacket or vest using an inside gun pocket. They are pretty much made not to print. And as far as traveling with my gun, I check state reciprocity info to make sure I am legal wherever I am going.

John, I can't say much as for a holster. I have a custom made crossdraw holster for my favorite carry gun but I usually carry my gun in either my jacket or vest using an inside gun pocket. They are pretty much made not to print. And as far as traveling with my gun, I check state reciprocity info to make sure I am legal wherever I am going.

Thanks Doug - Hope the holidays where kind! I've used the same Vest pocket and find the weight on the vest uncomfortable. A coat works better, but I am traveling the Keys in 3 weeks and was just looking for other options. Have you ever tried the shoulder/T-shirt type rig? I have over time used shoulder holsters ~ To be honest one of my favorite "comfort" carry solutions. A large loose shirt {a favorite for us big boys} works nice for me. But on a bike, blowing around....with a vest...probably not. Thanks brother....jc

Thanks Doug - Hope the holidays where kind! I've used the same Vest pocket and find the weight on the vest uncomfortable. A coat works better, but I am traveling the Keys in 3 weeks and was just looking for other options. Have you ever tried the shoulder/T-shirt type rig? I have over time used shoulder holsters ~ To be honest one of my favorite "comfort" carry solutions. A large loose shirt {a favorite for us big boys} works nice for me. But on a bike, blowing around....with a vest...probably not. Thanks brother....jc

Holidays were good. Fun with 5 grandsons! Hope yours was good.

I never used a shoulder holster. I would think you would still need to use it under a jacket so I don't know how much of an advantage it would be other than to maybe be able to carry under a big shirt when you are out and about off the trike too.

Here’s what I use. Greatest thing since sliced bread as far as I’m concerned. You can even wear it with shorts with no belt. Most comfortable holster I’ve ever worn. I forget I’m wearing it most times. And I carry a Glock 30S which is a double stack .45

Here’s a link:

http://www.tactipac.com/trr-iwb-combat-cut-concealed-carry-holster/

I can wear it fully tucked and it doesn’t print. Of course I’m a good sized guy.

There are certain states I won't even ride into to. That's how I deal with them. They naturally aren't losing much money but I'm not to only one like that so they are losing. As far as holster goes, I'm very basic with a strong side thermoplastic acrylic-polyvinyl chloride(Kydex) holster under a vest. I have always wore vests even in high school and in summer so it was a simple cover when I started carrying. If I don't have a vest on people don't recognize me as in when I have a suit jacket on. But guess what's under the jacket. I used to carry with a shoulder holster but a two wheel accident damaged one shoulder badly and have just never got back to carrying that way. I do prefer that method. But one thing I've noticed by now carrying shoulder is I don't have the moisture problem I was dealing with daily. Which helped to going back to that mode I guess.

I'm in florida for the winter months and I always use a belly band holster, works very well with a loose shirt -- also has a place for a couple of extra mags. One drawback while wearing a T-shirt is that you have to go under your shirt to get it.

I carry my SW Bodyguard in my pocket (clip) and on my hip (belt loop) with this holster. Cheap thing too. Only costs $14.95.

Bubba

Attachments

• 7905D02C-0B90-44B6-892F-FF4B9A270334.jpeg
    7905D02C-0B90-44B6-892F-FF4B9A270334.jpeg
    817.8 KB · Views: 181
  • B472CE54-217A-4ABC-B5C7-CF5656C57805.jpeg
    B472CE54-217A-4ABC-B5C7-CF5656C57805.jpeg
    739.4 KB · Views: 185
A buddy of mine wears two holsters, a Crossbreed Supertuck for walking and Galco shoulder while riding, he says that way he can get it out if needed while sitting on the bike but when he dismounts, the Galco comes off with the Harley Mesh jacket and the pistol goes in the CB and under the t shirt or shirt.

I have a shoulder holster for my colt detective special

It also has special grips that are like a duck bill

The gun stays in my waist band with this grip it has never fallen out

Pic / Maker and model would be great Jack - Thanks....jc

p1010818.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
I got a Colt Detective Special 2 inch barrel from my brother a detective with this grip already on, It works good IMO

less bulky than the shoulder

colt-detective_21.jpg

This is a picture of my regular grips

For my Ruger LCR I use a Mitch Rosen Workman Slim IWB I carry this most of the time.

The Workman is designed so you can tuck a shirt in if you need to.

I also carry a 5" Ruger SR1911 on occasion in a Mitch Rosen Uncle Sal’s Decision II SF IWB.Both are surprisingly comfortable and really good Leather.

They are a bit Pricey but I have been using their holsters (3 for different weapons) and belts (2) for over 23 years and have not had one fail yet.

Bob

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png