Fairing - Air Vent

What exactally does that vent do ? it comes in - and goes straight up. I though it was for summer riding. No way do I feel that air.

Works for me, [17 T/G] If i leave it open in the winter i'll freeze my chin.....This summer i was riding in the heavy rain, And it was open the rain came blowing into my face so it does move air.....So for me anyway it works...:Shrug:

What exactally does that vent do ? it comes in - and goes straight up. I though it was for summer riding. No way do I feel that air.

If you do not feel the air it is working. It is supposed to provide a blast of air up behind the windscreen to break up the turbulence of the air coming over the top of the screen. If you are getting a blast in the face, you might consider a taller windscreen. IIRC stock height is 10".:clapping:

I only rode my 16 a short time with stock seat and windshield. Different windshield and a Tall Boy seat went on right away so I never experimented with the vent. Currently with my set up it doesn't make a different with it open or closed on wind, with or without helmet, cooling, or anything else, nadaa, zero. In a heavy downpour of rain it will keep it from coming through.

The only thing I like about it is when in a paid parking lot I can use it to hold the parking receipt.

I only rode my 16 a short time with stock seat and windshield. Different windshield and a Tall Boy seat went on right away so I never experimented with the vent. Currently with my set up it doesn't make a different with it open or closed on wind, with or without helmet, cooling, or anything else, nadaa, zero. In a heavy downpour of rain it will keep it from coming through.

The only thing I like about it is when in a paid parking lot I can use it to hold the parking receipt.

Same with me. I can't tell any difference. Probably because I have a windshield pouch over it.

I do have a Road Zepplin seat and a 12" windshield.

Couldn't figure out why Harley came out with a pouch that covers the vent. :D:Shrug:

But glad they did. It's so convenient.

Even before I put the pouch on I still didn't feel much of a difference. Now it just re directs what little air there is.

I do close it when it rains.

Couldn't figure out why Harley came out with a pouch that covers the vent. :D:Shrug:

But glad they did. It's so convenient.

Even before I put the pouch on I still didn't feel much of a difference. Now it just re directs what little air there is.

I do close it when it rains.

Yeah, the difference is pretty subtle, AND depending on the helmet, rider height and posture, I'm sure it affects some more than others.

I'm 5' 11', use a modular helmet (usually open) and slouch....I can feel the difference...but it is not huge.

Kevin

Windshield vent

On the 2020 Triglide there isn’t a button to close the vent like I had on my 2015 trike. Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket part that would fit the 2020 model? Thank you.

On the 2020 Triglide there isn’t a button to close the vent like I had on my 2015 trike. Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket part that would fit the 2020 model? Thank you.

I think there is a harley part that could be put on, check with your dealer. I think one of the people on here when they bought there new 2020 he told them to put on the button for the vent, if my mind works I think it was Posserider, not sure about that, I remember him or somebody posting about this and putting it like it was prior to 2020.

All for now Trampas

When I got my 20 triglide I pulled the fairing when I got home & installed the vent ass. It's not difficult to do. Sure helps when you are caught out in the rain.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png