YELLOWSTONE on a HARLEY

Aug 13, 2015
Oklahoma City
OK TRIKERS:

Heading to YELLOWSTONE later in year with about 8 others

(I’m only 3 Legged Pony) rest on 2 wheels. None have ever

made the run. Will be coming from the south thru Jackson.

Going Sept. 8 (hopefully after the Touristas slow down.)

Going to try to stay around West Yellowstone.

Any and all info much appreciated!

Uncle Willie

Beautiful area, we did Yellowstone and Teton last July. Allow plenty of time while riding in the park. As the speed limit is 35, it can take awhile to get around. If you're staying in West Yellowstone take a ride south to the Mesa byway, check out the upper and lower falls. PS, we thought Teton was spectacular. ThumbUpThumbUp

I've been fortunate to have been in the Yellowstone area many times and it is always spectacular. If you have time plan to spend some time in Jackson as it is a very interesting place. The drive from Jackson through the Tetons is beautiful. On the way if you have time stop at the Jackson Lodge and have coffee, lunch, etc. There is a spectacular view of the Tetons from the very large A-frame type main room of the Lodge.

Once in Yellowstone wherever you go you'll be amazed at the beauty of the place. Just decide on your 'must dos' in the park and plan you time and routes accordingly. As others have said by September it will be chilly so be prepared and have a great time.

If you're coming up from Jackson don't miss Moose, Montana and the Chapel of the Transfiguration. Very beautiful view with the Teton range in the background. Also head out the North East exit of Yellowstone and venture over Bear Tooth Pass....talking about a ride.

8~\o

Attachments

• Moose.jpg
    Moose.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 364
Spring Trip

We have a trip scheduled in late June to spend a couple of days in Yellowstone, a couple of days in Glacier, cut across on old Hwy 20 to Olympic NP, follow the coast south to the Columbia, and follow it home on the Washington side. 15 days of freedom.

The wife has never been to Yellowstone so we planned a trip around it. She really loves the coast. The last time I was in Yellowstone was 50 plus years ago, can't remember a thing about it. I know a couple of days is not enough but we live close and can plan another trip to cover the sites and rides throughout the park.

I will post some pics and highlights of the area when we get back.

Plan ahead, wife said the motels were filling up fast when she made reservations last November.

......... last time I was in Yellowstone was 50 plus years ago, can't remember a thing about it. I know a couple of days is not enough but we live close and can plan another trip to cover the sites and rides throughout the park.

If the last time you were there was that long ago you're going to be very disappointed into what they've done to the park. The parking lots are wide expanse of asphalt and there's concrete walks right up to and all around Old Faithful and PEOPLE everywhere. There's few places to park a cage or motorcycle.....everything is geared to bus loads of PEOPLE.

Now Glacier is one of the most beautiful places on Earth...

8~\o

If the last time you were there was that long ago you're going to be very disappointed into what they've done to the park. The parking lots are wide expanse of asphalt and there's concrete walks right up to and all around Old Faithful and PEOPLE everywhere. There's few places to park a cage or motorcycle.....everything is geared to bus loads of PEOPLE.

Now Glacier is one of the most beautiful places on Earth...

8~\o

Ehhh ........... the feds are working very hard to ruin it too. Sadly

Wife and I rode from So. Cal a few years ago. Very little film of Yellowstone proper, but the ride there and back is the real adventure. Tetons are a must! scenery is better than the park itself. Watch out for buffalo and Moose, they have the right of way and are a lot bigger than you and your motorcycle.

On our trip we rode west until we hit the Pacific Ocean, turned right to Coos Bay Oregon, turned right again until we got to Wyoming......

ENJOY the trip!

Got to agree with Steve. Animals have the right of way. Otoh, as I've mentioned, the pull behinds and the cars are your biggest issue. The drivers just don't look before they start,stop or, turn

Make sure you secure everything on your ride that you do not want stolen while you are out walking around the trails and boardwalks. It did not used to be that way, but things have changed. Lotta bad guys are making a good living breaking into vehicles and bikes there now. Another thing to think about,,, If you wear riding boots that are good for sittin' on a bike, make sure they are good for walking around too. Some of the boardwalks to look at the sites are a long walk or have a lot of stairs. Big heavy boots can make it miserable if they are not made for walkin'. Maybe think about changing into some good walking shoes while driving around the park. Plus... You can run faster from a Bison if you are wearing tennis shoes. :D

OK TRIKERS:

Heading to YELLOWSTONE later in year with about 8 others

(I’m only 3 Legged Pony) rest on 2 wheels. None have ever

made the run. Will be coming from the south thru Jackson.

Going Sept. 8 (hopefully after the Touristas slow down.)

Going to try to stay around West Yellowstone.

Any and all info much appreciated!

Uncle Willie

Hey Uncle Willie,

Mary and I have been to Yellowstone several times on the Tri-Glide.

Amazing place!

We've never been in September...only in June, July & August.

Lots of good advice already given.

I will add, if at all possible, ride Beartooth Pass. While in Yellowstone, exit the park, going thru Cooke City, heading toward Red Lodge on the 212.

The road and the sights are spectacular.

Check out this thread for some pics of Yellowstone and Beartooth Pass-

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/thr...ssissippi-to-Alaska-amp-Back-Pic-Heavy/page24

And the following link, toward the bottom are more pics of Beartooth Pass-

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/16991-Ride-Report-Mississippi-to-Alaska-amp-Back-Pic-Heavy

Have a great trip!!!

Kevin

Beartooth Pass in August (or was it January?)

Some absolutely great photos and stories on this thread. You riders are out there enjoying life. Very inspirational. I've been living in Idaho for almost exactly a year now. I finally made it up to Beartooth Pass. August 8th. It was 41 degrees and rained all the way from NE Yellowstone to Red Lodge. My wife was on the back and like the Trooper she is, she never complains. I really couldn't ask for better. Three of us riders rode over the top and didn't see any sign of the summit markers. Sooo.... I went back the next week, Solo. It was sunny and beautiful. Lots of traffic up there that day. All friendly people. It was another great ride.

IMG_20190818_145656.jpg

Great pic! We rode up through Estes last month and then through RMNP. Temps dropped to the 50's and got really windy around the highest elevations.......buuurrrrrrrr

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png