I'm back in the Harley Forum

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
If you didn't see my thread about "Going Back to Two". I purchased a 14 Ultra Limited and will pick it up Thursday. I figure 5 years or so I'll be back on three. Now that I've had one knee replaced and it feels great and the other one to be done soon, I want to get back on two wheels while I can.

Dang, now I need to learn Harley again. Lets see, Tour Pak, not top box. Hopefully it will come back to me.

I still have boxes of stuff for the "Rushmore Ultra", so, shouldn't cost much to make her "mine".

Named her Ebony for obvious reasons.

2014 Ultra 2.jpg

Fuzzy, Congrats on the new great looking ride. Since you have gone through the drill on the one knee being replaced, how long do you think it will take to recover sufficiently to deal with that large two-wheeler when you get the other knee done?

Just remember to put your feet down at stops. Don't laugh, I've forgot after having a great long ride that was just perfect. Pulled into my driveway, stopped and just sat there thinking how great the ride was, until I started going over. At that point I just stood up and let it happen. To this day I feel like every neighbor saw that bonehead move. So put your feet down....EVERY TIME.;)

If you didn't see my thread about "Going Back to Two". I purchased a 14 Ultra Limited and will pick it up Thursday. I figure 5 years or so I'll be back on three. Now that I've had one knee replaced and it feels great and the other one to be done soon, I want to get back on two wheels while I can.

Dang, now I need to learn Harley again. Lets see, Tour Pak, not top box. Hopefully it will come back to me.

I still have boxes of stuff for the "Rushmore Ultra", so, shouldn't cost much to make her "mine".

Named her Ebony for obvious reasons.

View attachment 54461
Custom paint Job frame matching tins. You are so clever good for you get out there and enjoy. now you have me looking at Two wheelers also dog gone it. Travel safe Fred

P.S. remember to put at least one foot down when coming to a stop. And when dismounting put down jiffy stand etc. etc.

Fuzzy, Congrats on the new great looking ride. Since you have gone through the drill on the one knee being replaced, how long do you think it will take to recover sufficiently to deal with that large two-wheeler when you get the other knee done?

With one knee that is "good now" (they used to both be bad), I'm guessing 6 weeks. At 4 weeks I was doing little rides on the trike, but, I think I'll wait until I finish my therapy, 6-7 weeks. I am committed to a three or four day ride on May 8th. Thats gonna be about 12 weeks so should be fine. I pick up the bike tomorrow and will have basically till 3/5/18 till my next surgery.

Went to the Anesthesia consult yesterday, and because of the pneumonia, the 3/5/18 date is the earliest I can get it done. The VA has a protocol that says 8 weeks from the pneumonia diagnosis before surgery. I think it would make more sense for it to be 8 weeks after you get well, but, what do I know. I'm glad the 5th is still on , assuming my chest x-ray done yesterday is clear. The doc listened to my chest and said it was clear, so I'm guessing it will be a clear x-ray. I need to be healed before pool season.

Since the weather here has topped 45-50* every afternoon, I will get some riding time in the afternoons. Short rides, but, satisfying. :D

And remember the kickstand......[I refuse to call it jiffy stand]

When you park the bike it is critical that you put it down every time......:D

I was surprised when I went from the tri to the Gold Wing (two wheels) awhile back, it was almost automatic. Nothing like when I went from two to three, that was challenging. I can't tell you how many times I put my feet down. :D

I have to get used to the "Security System" again and I will miss reverse ... :AGGHH:

I did go look up how to put it in transit mode when I trailer it tomorrow. Almost forgot about that.

I was surprised when I went from the tri to the Gold Wing (two wheels) awhile back, it was almost automatic. Nothing like when I went from two to three, that was challenging. I can't tell you how many times I put my feet down. :D

The first time i got a street trike,[08] As i was coming home from the dealer my Son was following me and at the first red light i put my feet down, And all i could hear is my Son saying ,Hey old Man you don't have to put your feet down on that...:blush:...

Just to add that was a Spyder, And they don'i have a hand brake, So i had to get my right foot up quick so as not to go though the red light...

Okay, so I made the 300 mile one way trip today to pick up my new to me ride, she's gorgeous.

Couple of little chips in the front fender paint. like maybe sand or chip seal chips. Not bad enough to sour the deal. The bike was indeed dyne's and even came with the race tuner. So, assuming the bike continues to run like it does now when it gets warmer, and I do some other testing (Highway, Hill climbing, etc) I don't think i'll need to go farther with the "tuning".

Here's a pic my buddy took just before we loaded her on the trailer to come home.

Ultra 020818.jpg

Sorry, you get my ugly mug too.

31bd02f5aaf518d921d51ef8253f887d.gif

Every time I see this signature picture it reminds me of the road out to Bodie California. That darn road shook everything loose.

Oh.....

Congrats on the new bike.
congrats-smiley-emoticon.gif

Really nice Chief. Hope it all works out for you....the bike and the next surgery. What did Harley have to say about his new ride...or was he too busy with dog treats to notice?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png