Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
Okay ... so the lap band has been adjusted.

My primary care doc has taken up the lead on the "issues" the anesthesia guy and radiologist have. they listed 8 different things that came from a CAT Scan on my lungs. Of the 8, the only thing that precludes me from surgery was the lap band being too tight and the issues from that. A followup X-ray done yesterday shows my lungs are normal now. Apparently, while sick, the coughing caused the band to move (just vibrate, not actually move) and the stomach got irritated and swelled causing the band to be really tight and fluid to back up. When I laid down, the fluid would flow into my lungs causing the fluid the X-ray showed. So that issue is over. I may have never had pneumonia, but, there was stiil fluid in the lungs which isn't good.

The other issues are:

A slightly enlarged aorta, probably normal for my age, but we will do a followup in 6 months_

Some gal stones (tiny and northing to worry about)

Some calcium deposits around the heart (probably outside the arteries as the EKG's show my heat is really strong) and we will do a stress test to verify that.

So, like Shakespeare would say, "Much Ado About Nothing." My primary care got a big kick out of the reaction to the radiology report. Her philosophy is, "Don't do a CAT scan, because it will always show Mole Hills that can be made into Mountains." She is scheduling a Nuclear Stress test (She doesn't think I'd do well with a thread mill test do to my left knee) which isn't done at the VA, and a follow up CAT scan in August. As a special bonus prize, she noticed it's been 10 years (almost to the day) since my last colonoscopy, so she'll be scheduling that too ... Yippee.

There is a silver lining to all this, I did learn about the lap band being too tight, I'll get to ride the new bike all spring and summer, and, I'll get a free colonoscopy!

My primary said to call in early September and she'd get the process started for a left knee replacement for late October or early November. Once again, my best laid plans didn't coincide with God's plan ... and as always He wins ... LOL ... which is always what's best for me ...
Sounds like you are on track have a great summer... ride safe Fred