Insurance

We had Rider Insurance for our 2013 Stallion.

Just got a letter saying they will not renew our policy when it expires in April.

They said they are no longer covering stallions because they have a steering wheel.

I’m looking for suggestions regarding what Insurance others are using? Thanks! Susan

Susan , If you have a Polaris dealer Near you that sells the Slingshot...[They have a steering wheel also] You can ask them which insurance companies cover the Slingshot..Worth a try:Shrug:

I have been with State Farm about eight years and the price hasn't changed much in all that time. I have full coverage 50,000/100,000 liability and $500. deductible collision. Renewal is coming up and it is $220. for six months. Not asking any questions, over and out!!!!

I also have been with Alstate for several years and have not found any company that comes close to their coverage or low price! Now their auto policy is high but trike is excellent! 100/300 stacking, uninsured, pip Tomg

We had Rider Insurance for our 2013 Stallion.

Just got a letter saying they will not renew our policy when it expires in April.

They said they are no longer covering stallions because they have a steering wheel.

I’m looking for suggestions regarding what Insurance others are using? Thanks! Susan

Did they say "why" they're no longer offering coverage beyond "it has a steering wheel"? I could understand some "kickback" from insurance if it was titled as a custom vehicle, etc; but given it's a manufactured vehicle that's titled as a motorcycle and registered as a motorcycle (that's a manufactured vehicle) I don't get their logic.

I have an existing Foremost Motorcycle policy and added the Stallion to the policy as an additional unit with no problems. The Thoroughbred Motorsports Stallion was in their system.

I have been with State Farm about eight years and the price hasn't changed much in all that time. I have full coverage 50,000/100,000 liability and $500. deductible collision. Renewal is coming up and it is $220. for six months. Not asking any questions, over and out!!!!

Its raining /pouring and i'm bored...So i'm killing time reading older posts, And as an [ex] RTO Nam 66.....Over and out is improper radio procedure ..:laugh:....But then i was called out for not using proper radio speak during a firefight, When ask by the lead radio Six Two Charlie whats holding you up! , And i replied one guy is holding us up Sh*ting in his pants it seem one Colonel up at TOC Didn't appreciate it....:p

Did they say "why" they're no longer offering coverage beyond "it has a steering wheel"? I could understand some "kickback" from insurance if it was titled as a custom vehicle, etc; but given it's a manufactured vehicle that's titled as a motorcycle and registered as a motorcycle (that's a manufactured vehicle) I don't get their logic.

Richard Richard Richard where did logic ever enter into these companies decision making process.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png