Howdy and "pre" thanks to all who may respond

Jan 30, 2015
Deltona, Fl
My problem, to many, may seem small, but to those of us with challenging physical difficulties, who must work only a certain amount of time and then continue as their "problems" have eased,

This may seem difficult to understand. What began as a simple removal of my dashboard (Stallion) has become a nightmare, for me anyhoo....

I started by what looked obvious, removing the five black flanged button head screws and nuts, which run across the top "hatch" cover, to no avail as I was concerned to pry open this cover.

I have noticed three hex bolts on each side of the dash when I opened the hood, Do I need to remove these six, as well, I'm simply trying to replace some burned out bulbs. possibly replace all

with brighter ones also.

ANY info would be greatly appreciated, as I regard this group as an important aid, as no tech manuals are available.

I await your response(s) at your convenience(s).

Sincerely,

Ron

It sounds like you have a fiberglass unit (external screws visible with hood closed).

If that's the case, there's also an rtv type sealant that was used when the cluster cover was installed to seal it from the elements more effectively (I promise, it wasn't my idea).

My suggestion would be to use a fine solid strand wire (mig wire, jeweler wire, or good ol quality fishing line) & pull it through starting at one corner to "cut" the sealant. Since the cover on the old ones was fiberglass, prying usually ends in a broken part but the pull through (think windshield removal) when done properly works very well.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png