Joining a group, from Arizona

Welcome Ron!

ok....................how do you join a group..............................

There really aren't many specialized groups on Trike Talk. There are state groups to let folks know if there is a ride or gathering near you, and once in a while there will be a pop-up group for a special purpose, say planning rides at a Trike Talk Gathering (we generally call them "gatherings" instead of "rallys"), but those groups dissolve when the purpose has been achieved. A listing of state groups is at the bottom of the general forum page - just click on "Forums" at the top of this page and scroll to the last entry marked "Focus Groups"

As far as trike conversion brands (DFT, Champion, Hannigan, etc) or trike forums (Honda trikes, BMW trikes, etc) just post to the appropriate fourm and you're in!

I dug around and found this about groups:

Groups

What is a Group?

A Group is a group of people usually with a particular interest or something else in common. It provides a way of communicating between members as well as sharing photos or other images.

You can get to the list through 'Group Memberships' section on your public profile (?).

The Groups list page displays all groups that have been created. You can list the groups by the number of members, messages or photos, the group name, when the group was created or by the date of the most recent message posted. You can use the controls provided to search for a group.

How do I join a group?

To join a group, click the group title then click 'Join Group'. When you have joined a group, its name will be shown in your public profile. You must be a logged-in, registered member to join groups.

Can I create my own Group?

As a registered member, you can create your own Group (providing the administrator allows this). Go to the groups page and click 'Create A New Group'. Complete the title and description for your group then select the type. There are three types of groups:

• Public - open to everyone. There is no restriction on who can join or who can post messages to it
  • Invite Only - require an invitation to be sent to join them. Invitations can only be sent by the group creator or forum moderators and administrators. Invitations are sent by clicking 'Pending & Invited Members' at the bottom of the page for that individual group
  • Moderated - open to everyone to join but messages need to be moderated before they will appear. They are moderated by the group creator and the site moderators and administrators

You don't have to "join" anything. On the blue bar at the top of the page, click on forums and scroll down to what interests you. When you find a category you you like, click on it and "dig around". Also, what I find helpful, at the top of the page, on the line under Forums, click on "New Posts". This brings up all new posts, from all forums, in date order - newest first. If you find something of interest, the name of the forum from which that particular post came from is on the far right of the line you're looking at - or just click on "reply" to add comments or questions. Hope this is helpful...

I just hit the “New Posts” under the FORUM menu. That way I get to see EVERYTHING that gets posted - not just what was posted in a group. Also, often an item that might have really been posted in a group gets posted in the general section and if you are only looking at a specific group you will have missed it. Besides, New Posts is a great way to see all the good information here as well as enjoy the camaraderie of the website members. Have fun!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dle54

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dle54
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png