Update on DK Customs Pro-Action 14" Harley Trike Series Shocks & Comfort Lift Combo

Oct 11, 2017
Somewhere,Texas USA
Update on DK Customs Pro-Action 14" Harley Trike Series Shocks & Comfort Lift Combo

I guess I'm posting this update on the Pro-Action 14" Harley Trike Series Shocks & Comfort Lift Combo Pkg. from DK Customs Products mainly for newbies to trikes as I too am a Trike newbie......Hell, I'm even a motorcycle newbie too!

...That being said, let me say that when I finally got up the nerve (and the cash) to address the "too harsh" or "too soft" ride provided to me with the stock Harley Tri Glide air shocks which came on my 2016 Harley Tri Glide Ultra - I took the advise of others and purchased/installed these replacement rear shocks and the comfort lifts. I was immediately impressed with the smoother ride and better control of my trike ....and I posted a favorable review on this site.

...Well, I've now driven well over 200 miles on the trike with the new shocks-lifts combo installed and would like to comment even further:

.................These 14" trike shocks really are AWESOME!!!! .....added with the comfort lift kit which keeps your pipes from ground dragging and improves the overall control & stability and you have a total winner for trike owners! You'll be amazed at the difference! (at least I am). I've now ridden 1 up, 2 up, overloaded and no additional load.

.........of the money we all undoubtedly blow on fixen' up our trikes, this shock-lift combo is a "MUST HAVE." ...They are expensive and worth every penny if you want a nicer, smoother touring ride.

........Since I made this install, I've also added the Legend Axeo front suspension to my front forks and they too are a fine addition to the overall ride.........BUT the rear 14" shocks & comfort lift combo pkg made the absolute biggest change in the ride quality of all. I mean it!!!!

............As of yet, I have only had a couple of posting interactions with Kevin (The Owner of DK Customs Products, I believe; and he seems to be a pleasant and well experienced rider with much knowledge) But I have called and talked to a couple of other folks there and they always give friendly help and good advise.

...........The way I understand it is that Kevin has spent much time and mileage developing this 14" shock for Harley trikes and hooked up with Pro-Action to make and produce the parts for his company....which he or his staff will assemble for you when you order and answer some weight questions needed to adjust shocks properly. These folks do it right!

.........the reason I'm messin' with making this posting is because I've recently seen several questions regarding what to do with those unpleasant HD air shocks.........and my opinion based on my personal experience is REPLACE them with these shocks for sure. ...As I've said before on other postings: There may be other good trike shocks out there too...I cannot say....but I KNOW about these first hand!

..........a few days ago I mistakedly referred to these shocks as 14" Progressive rear shocks in a posting = WRONG

.....They are 14" Pro-Action Harley Trike Series Shocks with DK Customs Products

and you can find them here: www.dkcustomproducts.com

............some day I will likely meet Kevin at a Trike rally and I intend to keep my nose covered to avoid a possible "Poke!" for accidentally mislabeling his product on that other posting....Just kidding?:xzqxz:

Ride safe!

Randy, like you I am new to trikes (since Sept 2017) but not new to Harleys and their crap rear air shocks. Over the years I've used Legend air shocks on the rear of my two wheel baggers and while they greatly improve the ride and handling qualities they are about twice the cost of DK's kit.

After learning of DK's kit I installed it within a month of getting my Tri-Glide and like you I am so very glad I did. I like the 14" Pro- Action shocks better than any of the Legend systems I've had.

I'm fortunate to be only about forty miles from DK and have had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with the great folks there several times. In my opinion there is none better than DK in the product segments they offer.

Jerry

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammybo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammybo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png