semi auto 22

3W-lonerider

350+ Posts
Feb 18, 2008
Shippensburg, Pa
been doing a lot of research for a semi auto 22 for squirrel hunting. been looking at savage and marlin.

but both rifles have bad reviews on feeding and misfires.

I don't care for the ruger 10/22 because I really can't get used to how short in lenth they are.

does anybody know how a very reliable semi auto that isn't going to misfire and jamb every other shot.

if not I guess i'll just have to buy a bolt action, only problem that I don't like with that is I have big hands and using a bolt with a scope on the gun is a challenge.

lever action, forget it. the last lever action I had I left laying in the woods after wrapping it around a tree, because it jambed once to often.

so any ideas everyone.

been doing a lot of research for a semi auto 22 for squirrel hunting. been looking at savage and marlin.

but both rifles have bad reviews on feeding and misfires.

I don't care for the ruger 10/22 because I really can't get used to how short in lenth they are.

does anybody know how a very reliable semi auto that isn't going to misfire and jamb every other shot.

if not I guess i'll just have to buy a bolt action, only problem that I don't like with that is I have big hands and using a bolt with a scope on the gun is a challenge.

lever action, forget it. the last lever action I had I left laying in the woods after wrapping it around a tree, because it jambed once to often.

so any ideas everyone.

My opinion I only Hunted squirrels with a shotgun' I wouldn't feel right shooting a bullet of any caliber up in the air ( squirrel in a tree )😱📞

My opinion I only Hunted squirrels with a shotgun' I wouldn't feel right shooting a bullet of any caliber up in the air ( squirrel in a tree )����

been using a shotgun all my life to hunt squirrel started out with a single shot h&r.

now using a semi auto beretta. I love using a shotgun. but some shots are just out there to far. squirrels in my neck of the woods are getting few and far between. unless you find where they've migrated to over the summer.

squirrel is the only aninimal my wife a I hunt for. quit hunting deer a long time ago. got tired of taking the gun for a walk and finding my spot before daylight,

only to see when the sun came up, a sea of orange vests around me.

we love hunting squirrel, the wife is a great hunter and a couple of years ago bought her a weatherby semi 20 guage.

but I would love a semi 22 for those long shots.

Give the Squirrel's a fighting chance, use a small handgun, of course loaded with two rounds of 410 shotgun double buck.

bond.jpg

well I finally decided to buy a semi 22.

went with a savage a22lr. put a Nikon prostaff rimfire scope on it.

shot 100 rounds threw it and it shoots groups of 1/2 inch at 100 yards.

within that 100 rounds it jambed 4 times. and everytime it was the ammo, the bullit was slightly larger at the neck than it shoulda been and it wouldn't go into the chamber unless I forced it to.

so I'm very happy with the gun.

The only 22's i have is a 9 shot revolver... And my dead accurate Marlin # 57 ''Short throw'' lever action rifle...17 round Tube fed long rifle, [26 Shorts] With a single power 4x15 power scope ....Bought it new in 1959....Never jammed....and my two Sons grew up shooting it and now my gran Son..And without a doubt a hundred thousand + rounds had to go though that gun....:clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png