Burned All the Winter Storage Gas Out

lgjhn

200+ Posts
Jun 15, 2013
SW Louisiana
Well, along with normal maintenance, I rebuilt the front forks on my GW Roadsmith trike over the past couple of weeks while waiting for some nice riding weather.

Yesterday was a beautiful cool day here, and a good day to do a shake-down run on the the forks to make sure all was well.

The wife and I headed out with absolutely no plans or itinerary.

We ended up the day by doing about 450 beautiful miles of blooming redbud and dogwood everywhere.

We definitely burned out all the winter storage gas in both the main and aux fuel tanks....and then some.

Oh, and the newly rebuilt forks work fantastic giving a nice smooth ride with no leaks. :)

Won't be much longer and the full riding season will once again be upon us.

Hey Larry, What's with the "Winter Storage Gas"??? You live in the deep south! There is no real winter down there.. :) 87 degrees here in San Angelo today. Too bad I had family in on vacation. I did get some good riding in on Thursday before they arrived. :D :D

Hey Larry, What's with the "Winter Storage Gas"??? You live in the deep south! There is no real winter down there.. :) 87 degrees here in San Angelo today. Too bad I had family in on vacation. I did get some good riding in on Thursday before they arrived. :D :D

Hi Jerry.

Hope this finds you doing well.

Well, believe it or not, we get a pretty good period of wet, cold weather so I just put up the trike and F6B until it passes.

It's usually when I do maintenance etc. But yeah, you're right....I guess we could ride in that weather, but it sure isn't a lot of fun.

Jerry, are you going to the Texas Gathering this year?

LJ

Hi Jerry.

Hope this finds you doing well.

Well, believe it or not, we get a pretty good period of wet, cold weather so I just put up the trike and F6B until it passes.

It's usually when I do maintenance etc. But yeah, you're right....I guess we could ride in that weather, but it sure isn't a lot of fun.

Jerry, are you going to the Texas Gathering this year?

LJ

Yes I know what you mean about the cold and wet. I always tell folks that I don't really HATE getting wet and don't mind the cold much at all but sure do NOT LIKE getting wet and cold!!! That is usually when I do all my winter maintenance here also. :)

I don't think I will make all four days in October. I'll sure try real hard to get down there Saturday. I've been restoring a '74 Charger SE Brougham and it is sucking up every spare dime I can find. I'd like to complete this project while I can still enjoy the results. :clapping::xszpv::xszpv:

I've been restoring a '74 Charger SE Brougham and it is sucking up every spare dime I can find. I'd like to complete this project while I can still enjoy the results. :clapping::xszpv::xszpv:

Cool! What size engine? I'm working on a '73 Dart Sport right now. Finished the front and rear ends over the winter. Got the brakes and steering all rebuilt and back together and now have it sitting back on all 4 tires. Next up is paint and the engine/transmission install (small block .030 over 360). We also have a '67 440 Charger waiting in line for it's turn. I have 4 of the old Mopars around here somewhere along with a 2011 6-spd 392 SRT8 Challenger.

Well, we plan on going to the Texas Gathering for at least 3 days. Look forward to seeing you again, old friend.

Ride safe!

Cool! What size engine? I'm working on a '73 Dart Sport right now. Finished the front and rear ends over the winter. Got the brakes and steering all rebuilt and back together and now have it sitting back on all 4 tires. Next up is paint and the engine/transmission install (small block .030 over 360). We also have a '67 440 Charger waiting in line for it's turn. I have 4 of the old Mopars around here somewhere along with a 2011 6-spd 392 SRT8 Challenger.

Well, we plan on going to the Texas Gathering for at least 3 days. Look forward to seeing you again, old friend.

Ride safe!

You have too many potential toys!!! I don't have near the room or cash to get that far into rescuing MOPAR Muscle!!

My '74 is a 400 (non HP) 4 brl in front of a slightly built 727 Torqueflite. Has 8.25 inch 271 open rear end. Pretty mild drive train but it is exactly what I had back when they were new. Was born dark gold metallic with white vinyl top and aztec gold cloth bench seats/column auto shift. Going back triple back with buckets and center console slap shift. Took me several years to locate one that was solid and not requiring a second mortgage on the house. :xzqxz: Drive train is all done and back in, some interior is done, and some body work. I am really hoping to have it completed this time next year but I have a long way to go between now and then.

Yes, I also am looking forward to coming down for a short visit. :xszpv::xszpv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png