Stallion repeat dump

This is in the Archives

Just a note if someone runs across the Shift lever being locked in Park issue. Until you get it fixed, just leave the lever in (N) and apply the parking brake. To get it out of Park: if you open the front hood, look at the backside of the gear selection mechanism on the inside, side of the mechanism you should see a plunger type part. Push this in while reaching around and move the lever out of Park to (R). NOTE PLEASE NOT DO THIS WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING. You will need the key in the ON position, but DO NOT START the trike, until you are on it and can have the brake applied after you have it out of (P). This will get you going and keep you going until it gets repaired. This is related to the stop light problem also, but not the same. The stop light switch does multiple funchions, light the lights and also allow the gear lever to move.

This is in the Archives

Just a note if someone runs across the Shift lever being locked in Park issue. Until you get it fixed, just leave the lever in (N) and apply the parking brake. To get it out of Park: if you open the front hood, look at the backside of the gear selection mechanism on the inside, side of the mechanism you should see a plunger type part. Push this in while reaching around and move the lever out of Park to (R). NOTE PLEASE NOT DO THIS WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING. You will need the key in the ON position, but DO NOT START the trike, until you are on it and can have the brake applied after you have it out of (P). This will get you going and keep you going until it gets repaired. This is related to the stop light problem also, but not the same. The stop light switch does multiple funchions, light the lights and also allow the gear lever to move.

had the same trouble i used Duck tape around the plunger till i replaced the brake switch which causes it not to engage when keys on and your foot is on the brake peddle

Feel the need to jump in on this topic/discussion.

First/foremost - I would NOT recommend leaving the vehicle in neutral when parking it. I know this can work in a pinch, but if something goes wrong you may be in a world of headache. Imagine if the brake didn't hold & it rolled into another vehicle or someone & the investigator/insurance company discovered when you left the vehicle you placed it in neutral instead of park (lot of things I don't care for about the world we're living in & potential liability is a big one in my book).

#2 - On the Stallion (along with multiple other automobiles) have a shift interlock bypass (most commonly used in vehicle repairs), see image below. Use your key (or screwdriver) & remove the cover plate that covers the interlock bypass, you can then use a key, screwdriver, etc to push down the bypass switch to to disengage the interlock solenoid to take the vehicle out of park. You will have to manually do this each time you want to take out of park.

Capture.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png