Follow along Sidecar project

Merry Christmas to all. Winter is here but is not to bad. Warmed up to 26 degrees today. I will be riding the sidecar to town again to day . Some very light snow is in the forecast .

But the chance is low.

Seems the forum is about dead. I'll check in from time to time to see if it wakes up. The project is done. Added heated seat to it . About 4,000 miles on it now and no issues. few greattrips planned for this year.

Because of the time of year a lot of it has been in12-40 degree weather and some snow. We had a ball JAN 1st a snow ball that is but we did have a great ride. As always ride with in your skill level. Push the limits with in you abilities . Enjoy the ride. Hard to beat a good sidecar.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2baJs2Y]

Seems the forum is about dead. I'll check in from time to time to see if it wakes up. The project is done. Added heated seat to it . About 4,000 miles on it now and no issues. few greattrips planned for this year.

Because of the time of year a lot of it has been in12-40 degree weather and some snow. We had a ball JAN 1st a snow ball that is but we did have a great ride. As always ride with in your skill level. Push the limits with in you abilities . Enjoy the ride. Hard to beat a good sidecar.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2baJs2Y]
Nice looking ride I have never had to opportunity but it looks like fun. Really like the color seems you must be on top of the surroundings running it. travel safe Fred

Nice looking ride I have never had to opportunity but it looks like fun. Really like the color seems you must be on top of the surroundings running it. travel safe Fred

Rode a bit today it was -36 below and that was not the wind chill. That is cold no madder how you dress. Even the heated gloves did little.

February is coming near the end. been enjoying the new rig a fair amount this winter. Decided to do a bit more to it. Dropped it off yesterday to have a Motor trike reverse gear set installed on Monday.

The Mototrike reverse is installed. came in under budget. $1910 parts and labor, that included pulling the sidecar body and putting it back along with a little electrical work on a light and a full wash job.

We have a lot of ice right now and 5 inches of snow coming down on top of it. I am not picking it up tonight.

When this started I knew there would always be more to do no madder how much went into it. Once you do what must be done and address you own personal wants new ideas come up.

I picked it up yesterday and the reverse works as it should. While it was there I had them install a car tire on the rear of the bike. Something I would never consider on a normal bike.

A lot of time went into researching it and coming up with size and tire . When I picked it up the roads had Ice and snow and it had warmed up to 19 Degrees F. The Car tire handled great.

I am running a 190/60-R16 with Ride On in it at 42 PSI for now.

The reverse is not a must have, but on a Rig this size if the budget allows it is a nice thing to have. Latter I will post some pictures the bike is a mess right now from the Snow.

what do u need?

The Universal type mounts like you see used with the velorex and others. They have the block ,shim and stud. Every where you see them they sell them as an entire kit. I need a couple.

Not every sidecar is meant to stay on forever and welding is not always called for.

Now that my friends is road worthy I plan to experiment on mine . I have some ideas and those type mounts work for holding things in place while trying different Ideas.

His is ready I road it close to 100 miles yesterday cut across the farm with it solid . There is just no one around that does this type work anymore. Heck even in our farm area there are darn few welding shops left. When the old guy 15 miles form here dies we are in trouble . All the so called INDY bike shops want to do is sell some junk ape bars , loud pipes and a quick cam installs. Bolt on bad ass crap.

Attachments

• Solo750 (5)1.jpg
    Solo750 (5)1.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 150
Yep the complete one on the left. What I really need is just a couple of the I bolts that are thread in. Just no local source around here for them . Guess I could make them but that would be a pain.

you mean the right?? it is the complete one???? i will see if i can find another eyebolt.. i should have a bunch.. but wanted to be sure its what u need before i go scrounging

you mean the right?? it is the complete one???? i will see if i can find another eyebolt.. i should have a bunch.. but wanted to be sure its what u need before i go scrounging

Yes the right. I gave up a couple of mine to get Friends on the road faster. So mine Street 750 one is sitting . I have this thing about a bike sitting and not in riding condition.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png