U joints

Just bought a 2003 1800 Honda GW with a Lehman monarch trike , pretty sure it needs u joints.it had the trike kit added in 03 also.does anyone know if I can get u joints from an oreillys and part# or what car they fit on? If not where can I order some.any help would be greatly appreciated!ed

Hey 'Ed ..Welcome to Trike-Talk...:wave4:I can't help with your ''U'' joint problem but i'm sure someone will chime in soon with the help you need...

Again Welcome to the Forum..:clapping:

Just bought a 2003 1800 Honda GW with a Lehman monarch trike , pretty sure it needs u joints.it had the trike kit added in 03 also.does anyone know if I can get u joints from an oreillys and part# or what car they fit on? If not where can I order some.any help would be greatly appreciated!ed

Ed, Welcome to Trike Talk Forum BTW ! Not knowing the mileage, it might be worth getting the front joint as well. I have both on the shelf and ready to ship.

http://mjtrikes.com/shop/index.php?...id=230&zenid=d8b5d2f533389e537b93fa074995bb05

http://mjtrikes.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=343

http://mjtrikes.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=283

Thank you, pulled the drive shaft out today, the u joints were both OK did gease the splines so the noise was not coming from there.tomorrow I'll change the oil and filter plus drain the rear end if I can find the filler plug.hope this makes the shifting noises go away.😀ed

Thank you, pulled the drive shaft out today, the u joints were both OK did gease the splines so the noise was not coming from there.tomorrow I'll change the oil and filter plus drain the rear end if I can find the filler plug.hope this makes the shifting noises go away.😀ed

I hope you 'phased' the driveshaft upon installation !!:Shrug:

Hey 'Ed ..Welcome to Trike-Talk...:wave4:I can't help with your ''U'' joint problem but i'm sure someone will chime in soon with the help you need...

Again Welcome to the Forum..:clapping:

Could contact:

http://www.lehmantrikes.com/

For all Lehman Parts and Tech questions please call:

1-800-875-0949 Ask for Lehman parts/Tech line

Nuc

I hope you 'phased' the driveshaft upon installation !!:Shrug:

Don't know what phased is but put front half of shaft vertical and back half horizontal, does that make sense?ed

Look closely at the way the yokes are oriented in this picture.

View attachment 55882

I might be 1or2 splines(teeth) off so tomorrow after grandson goes home I'll pull it out again and make it perfect. REALLY, REALLY appreciate your help! and thanks for making me welcome Ed! every year there is a trike rally in Branson, mo, just down the road from where I live hope to see you guys and gals there this year.

Phasing

Thanks for the information and pictures the dealer I bought the trike from said they did all the service on the trike, the drive shaft was not greased or phased.its perfect now runs smooth sounds a lot better, just waiting for good weather!! Thanks again!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png